Email account deleted but data still exists

Daddy Stew

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I have a question regarding my Treo 800w and not sure if it's related to Mobile Shell or not. I had an email indicator showing as (1) but could never find the email account related to it. Now that I have loaded Mobile 3.0, when I look at Messaging > E-mail, I can see a listing of email accounts, including two accounts that I had previously deleted. When I attempt to select one of these accounts, it takes me back to the native email app and neither of these shows up in the native email app.

One of these shows a count of (1) new email but when I attempt to open the folder, the deleted account is not listed in the default email program.

How can I purge the smartphone of the ghost email accounts that were previously deleted?

cygnusx1

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
With the kind of issues you are reporting, I would suggest a hard reset to get the Treo back to factory condition. The hard reset will erase all data on the Treo, so make sure you sync to backup your data.

For the hard reset procedure, go to kb.palm.com and enter the solution ID 41108.

For the support page for your device, go to palm.com, click on support, phones, select your model and carrier. This will take you to the main support page for your device.

Daddy Stew

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Hard Reset but still the same...

With the kind of issues you are reporting, I would suggest a hard reset to get the Treo back to factory condition. The hard reset will erase all data on the Treo, so make sure you sync to backup your data.

For the hard reset procedure, go to kb.palm.com and enter the solution ID 41108.

For the support page for your device, go to palm.com, click on support, phones, select your model and carrier. This will take you to the main support page for your device.

Cygnus,

I performed a hard reset but still the condition exists. Is there any way to delete Outlook Mobile, so maybe that will purge the data? If so, then I could either re-install Outlook Moble or maybe try another email client like FlexMail.

I am open to suggestions as this is a bit frustrating.

cygnusx1

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
You cannot delete Outlook Mobile on the Treo, it is a ROM based app.

Just want to ask you a question regarding the email notification, where exactly do you see this alert?

Are you possibly looking at the voicemail speed dial button on the today screen? This typically has a 1 displayed all the time indicating pressing 1 for voicemail. If this is not the case, you may need to create a new mail profile in Outlook. You may have corruption in the current profile.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99