Will we get WM 6.5?

isaacl

Feb 4, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone heard anything about if the Treo Pro will get the upgrade to WM 6.5?
And when would this be announced?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I saw a message in another forum about somebpody trying to downgrade back to wm6.0 from 6.5 on a treo 750. Did not say where he had gotten the rom.

Berrydale

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
Hi everybody; I'm a new member here with a quick question I hope you can answer for me. Can the Windows Mobile operating system installed on some of the PDA devices (such as Asus MyPal or HP iPAQ) be upraded to the newer versions?
I have read in some places it can be and others claim it is not possible, so I'm a little confused about this. Thanks in advance for any help.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
most devices can probably upgraded by using a cooked rome such as can be found in sites like the xda developers web site. They are not official and if things go south during installatuion you can turn your smartphone into a dumb brick. There are roms s in that forum for 6.5 and possibly higher. Theres a story about a 6.5 build from their site in the forums at several sites for windows mobile phones.

GlitterKill

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
YUP! (Sort of... hehe)

There are two different WM65 ROM releases custom made for CDMA based Treo Pros and a CLEAN 6.1 ROM for Treo Pros without all the extra bloat that comes with the stock ROM. Go to this sub-forum for everything you need. :) I am running the 6.5 version since it is much more compatible with 6.1 mods and apps. I even have RealVGA running with it as well! :)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102

tabatt13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
The Treo Pro is a great phone. It's to bad that it will be Palms last Windows Mobile device. I want to get an unlocked CDMA one. The prices are coming down, still looks good, and the specs high enough that it should run 6.5 well. I would like an official ROM, but a cooked ROM will do fine too.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster