Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Picked me up a Treo Pro yesterday I got it from an individual for $100 steel of a deal if you asked me. I already have Mighty ROM flashed on 6.5 looks great on this device.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
The Intrepid ROM is just bad. The plus for the intrepid are better qwerty and more RAM. The plus for the Treo Pro are nicer screen and custom ROM's. MHO I like the Treo better but I will hang on to my Intrepid hoping that it gets cracked or maybe an updated ROM from Sprint.

beemergofast

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Big D5-
Just curious to your experiences with your TP2 and your decision to go to a Treo Pro? (I have used the Treo Pro for over 1.5 years and just decided to go to the TP2) I'm on Sprint.
Are you able to switch between phones without incurring their activation fees or have your dumped your TP2 in favor of the Treo Pro?
I understand the "different strokes for different folks". I've been a long time frequenter of this site and have come to respect your in input and thoughts.

Thanks!

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Big D5-
Just curious to your experiences with your TP2 and your decision to go to a Treo Pro? (I have used the Treo Pro for over 1.5 years and just decided to go to the TP2) I'm on Sprint.
Are you able to switch between phones without incurring their activation fees or have your dumped your TP2 in favor of the Treo Pro?
I understand the "different strokes for different folks". I've been a long time frequenter of this site and have come to respect your in input and thoughts.

Thanks!

Thanks for your kind words its fun for me to help out. Bottom line on the switch I got board my TP2, but is sitting right here next to me I am hanging on to it until I get board with the Treo Pro. I got the Treo Pro at a great price so I decided to give it a shot. With the added ability to run custom ROMs and my past experience with Treo devices I decided to give it a shot I have always been a fan of the Front Facing qwerty. I took a long look at the Treo Pro when it first came out but I was already running 6.5 on my TP via custom ROM I just cant go back to 6.1 that is why I passed on the Treo Pro when it was first released on Sprint. As for Sprint charging to swap devices I don't think so or it might be the everything plan I am on because I watch the bill closely I have not noticed any charges for changing devices.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
My think is I realy like Windows Default (Titanium) its fast and clean and with a couple of add on panels like titanium weather it has all the information I am looking for. I turn off touch flow on my TP2 when I am at work because it lags my TP2 down. Plus there are to many steps involved when trying to get to some things.

xdalaw

Jul 12, 2006
Visit site
I may need to give 6.5 another chance.
I guess I'm so used to 6.1, my first impressions of 6.5 was 'why do I need this?'

You might want to try the ROM I suggested in post 2, above.

I'm still using it and really enjoying it. And, by that I mean it just works. Most custom ROMs seem to have some issues that pop up, even if you can live with them. But this one, after the first day or two, has been rock solid and working great on my primary work phone.

For my Treo Pro, I had tried the various editions of the MightyROMs and the RaiderROM before I tried this. And, I have no desire to try any of the others out there after doing so.

Big D5- How's it working for you?

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Still working great I have loaded all my regular stuff and used it hard today lots of calls, text and email with no issues. Thanks for taking the guess work out of the ROM search.

xdalaw

Jul 12, 2006
Visit site
No prob. I was pretty stoked to find such a solid 6.5 ROM for my Treo Pro, too. Just wanted to spread the word.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Welcome to the party ronbo2000 check out that 6.5 ROM its nice. The new Bing is the way to go for free navigation.

ronbo2000

Retired *****istrator
Mar 16, 2003
Visit site
Congrats! Treo Pro is the best treo I've ever owned.

Here's a couple Gps apps I use:

Bing - Live Search
Google maps - Updated

(see attached)
Thanks, I have the Google maps. Haven't installed Bing since I used that on my 750, not really that much impressed with it. Don't know if my version may just be older.
Welcome to the party ronbo2000 check out that 6.5 ROM its nice. The new Bing is the way to go for free navigation.
One question on the 6.5 ROM: Is there way to backup the original ROM, just in case?

On the Bing, is it turn by turn directions by voice available?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99