Upgrade my PC.

HarisA1

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
One more question I didn't wanna make a new post.. The processor I have is an a6 4400 running 2.7ghz with gpu AMD radeon 7520g is there any way I can overclock this processor because I am getting mixed results online

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
One more question I didn't wanna start a new post.. The processor I have is an a6 4400 running 2.7ghz with gpu AMD radeon 7520g is there any way I can over lock this processor because I am getting mixed results online

I don't know if it is possible on your particular computer, but in 99.99% of the time, it isn't smart. Laptops have always had heat issues. Overclocking could do some serious damage.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
The best upgrade for laptops is max the ram if you are using a 64-bit os and get a fast SSD. A good ssd will breath new life into a decent laptop.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Regardless of overheating is it still possible to overclock or simply not possible on this laptop?

You would have to do some research on your specific model. Any of us would have to do the same research as you to get that answer.

Take my advice though: don't overclock it.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You would have to do some research on your specific model. Any of us would have to do the same research as you to get that answer.

Take my advice though: don't overclock it.
I concur.

Desktops can safely be overclocked providing one uses the proper case/fans/cooling system (for instance water cooled).

There is no way to cool a laptop easily, and overheating will ruin the laptop.

HarisA1

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Hm a lot of people have overclocked to 3.3ghz with no problem as I've researched online (same product) I'll head over to my local PC store for expert opinion

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hm a lot of people have overclocked to 3.3ghz with no problem as I've researched online (same product) I'll head over to my local PC store for expert opinion
The PC store might not care if you damage the laptop due to overheating. They'd probably like to sell you a new one.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I ain't even worried about voiding warranty ill just call Samsung and they'll fix it they fixed a water spill lol

Some warranties will only cover things until the total cost of all repairs is over the original purchase price. Also, i doubt Samsung is just going to keep repairing everything without asking questions.

JustlMe

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Overclocking WILL void warranty, and as a heavy gamer and someone who does overclock , i EMPLOY you to not overclock a laptop!especially if its a laptop not meant for dedicated gaming ! Worst case, you wll fry your motherboard , and the cost of repair....well lets say its going to cost u probably 70%++ of the total price you got your laptop for.

If you really want to go crazy on your laptop, this might help
Crank Up Your Laptop's Gaming Power with an External Video Card Dock
This was back in 2011, but if you look around there is probably an updated version. Just want to let you know these stuff do exist :excited:

Cpu wouldn't give u a major FPS boost, so upgrading your cpu for the sole purpose of giving you better gaming performance isn't worth the money in my opinion.

If you want to run high end games with ultra settings, i recommend you to build yourself a small gaming box :evil:, you can build one for less than 1k nowadays .

Some warranties will only cover things until the total cost of all repairs is over the original purchase price. Also, i doubt Samsung is just going to keep repairing everything without asking questions.
Very true! They wont keep repairing your laptop ~

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss