AMD New Series Of Graphics Cards!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It's always something that I think AMD has been a bit screwed on (though I have both an AMD CPU and an ATi GPU--from right before the brand went away). Intel had gobs os money, while AMD is basically broke. However, it's expected to compete with Intel in the CPU space and Nvidia (not sure how their financials compare to AMD's) i nthe GPU space. Take that, then add in the fact that they're looking at releasing some ARM stuff next year, and you wonder if they're going to find a market (other than consoles) where they can turn a profit.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It's always something that I think AMD has been a bit screwed on (though I have both an AMD CPU and an ATi GPU--from right before the brand went away). Intel had gobs os money, while AMD is basically broke. However, it's expected to compete with Intel in the CPU space and Nvidia (not sure how their financials compare to AMD's) i nthe GPU space. Take that, then add in the fact that they're looking at releasing some ARM stuff next year, and you wonder if they're going to find a market (other than consoles) where they can turn a profit.

I think AMD will get the boost from both next gen consoles having AMD SoC and graphics however it where they focus that extra money or how they use it. If they do go into the mobile section next year they really need to bring something extra to compete with those that have been making and improving there SoC for years and intel also already started a year (I think) in the mobile market with there SoC.

So AMD really got to be sensible and concrete where the market going which is with Mobile and bring out a SoC which will compete against the best for next year and get it into top branded phone, which maybe hard to due just have to wait and see what they release for next year. Or they make a budget SoC for the low end devices with good performance and battery life.

Last edited:

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
ARM is where AMD might be able to beat or match Intel, since they seem to bring the better graphics power to their chips, such as the Kabini-Bay Trail comparisons. It could even be something where AMD coudl offer non-Apple OEMs a means of providing better GPU power than what Qualcomm does, so they can match up with Apple's Ax SoCs in graphical power. Of course, it's about 12 months too soon to even start wondering what the efforts will become.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon