Brand new to Steam--What are some good games?

meandu229

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Those of you who added borderlands 2 to your wishlists borderlands GOTY + borderlands 2 is $9.99 on amazon digital games store,, should be region free too

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So what has everyone purchased on Steam so far? I've personally grabbed 9 games, spent about $35 and change on them.

1. Dishonored Game of the Year Edition
2. Deus Ex
3. Deus Ex: Invisible War
4. Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
5. Max Payne
6. Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
7. Max Payne 3
8. Dark Souls
9. Metro: Last Light + Season Pass

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've picked up:
  1. Train Simulator 2014
  2. You Don't Know Jack series
  3. The Walking Dead
  4. The Stanley Parable
  5. FEZ
  6. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
  7. Borderlands 2
  8. Dishonored

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I've bought:
1. Metro Last Light
2. XCOM: Enemy Within
3. 3DMark

I was going to get Saints Row 4 but I'm thinking of waiting for a "complete" edition with all the dlc.

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Laura, do you have Tomb Raider? It was on special offer on steam at $6.66.
It was such a good deal I bought an extra copy before it expired.
If you want it I can trade you for any similar priced game on steam. cheers.
Oh I also have extra copy of Bioshock Infinite at $7.49.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi Laura, do you have Tomb Raider? It was on special offer on steam at $6.66.
It was such a good deal I bought an extra copy before it expired.
If you want it I can trade you for any similar priced game on steam. cheers.
Oh I also have extra copy of Bioshock Infinite at $7.49.
Thanks Bee Mon, but I actually did grab Tomb Raider during the sale. I already have Bioshock Infinite too. :smile:

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I'd wait for a summer sale. There should be one fairly soon. You can pick up a good deal of highly discounted games. I'd without a doubt recommend XCOM: Enemy Unknown and the accompanying DLC that comes with it. I believe it also came out on android, but I'm not sure if the saves would sync up. XCOM being your nice run of the mill, but highly polished, turned based strategy.

Greed Corp is a good turn based game as well. A bit more difficult I'd say, but the strategy element is there in force.

Metro 2033 and Last Light are both excellent games that will push your system to it's limits if you don't have a top of the line gaming PC. FPS with heavy stealth and horror elements. Excellent story on both games. Last Light is a bit easier to play, and won't make your system cringe.

Half-Life 2 and the other episodes are worth playing. It's an old game now, but it still holds its own.

Oh, and if you have the friends and time. Borderlands series of games is worth looking into.

FTL is a fun game to look into. It's quite difficult, and unfair, but it's incredibly addicting. Same for Risk or Rain. Both are rogue like I suppose, and both are damn fun to play over a few short minutes, or hours. Your choice.

I'd also avoid RAGE and The Bureau. Both games built up an amazing amount of hype, and fell short. In RAGE's case it fell short catastrophically.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs