Titanfall PC Discussion

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Just curious to know what interest is like for Titanfall on the PC platform? Most of the discussion seems to be on the XBOX One sub-forum. I'm leaning towards getting it at release, but if I can get in the beta it would help give me first hand experience and a better foundation to make a decision. I'm wondering why it is listed as ?44.99 for the standard edition on Origin when retail has it at ?34.99. That is absurd! I also have slight concerns as to how stable the servers will be. We've all seen problems arise at release for some big titles. Will be interesting though, I'm looking forward to it. Perhaps it would be cool to get a WPCentral group set up ;)

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Interest for Titanfall on PC?

I'm interested in anything that interests me on PC. (newest console is a Gamecube)

but then again the most powerful piece of gaming hardware is the Venue 8 Pro, so my PC gaming dreams are a bit hindered.

Especially since I really enjoy Planetside 2.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

Personally looking forward to Titanfall on PC. Signed up for the beta. Hopefully I am selected.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Yeah also signed up for the PC beta. Most probably quite a lot of demand, so I'm not holding my breath. Would be awesome to get in.

Speedygi

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

Oh wow, I'm so looking forward to playing this game on PC, as it will be the first time a PC game will look truly next - gen in my opinion.

My wallet will be taking the beating yet again.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

It can go to hell. The sad fact is, this is an EA title. I haven't purchased an EA retail title since Rock Band 2 (NBA Jam being the one game I got, and it is on my 920). I wanted to let the beta convince me otherwise, but since it requires Origin to sign up for the beta, I won't be doing that (not making an Origin account to not get into a beta). There's always a chance it convinces me otherwise, but as it stands right now, pass. MAYBE they'll do it like Battlefield 4, and they'll include it with the Radeon cards later. That'd convince me...if it came free with my next video card.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Fair enough. EA has messed up quite a lot over time. Sim City debacle, BF3 and 4 being a mess at release, a lot of their mobile offerings and F2P models leave a lot to be desired etc. I like that they are starting to introduce a refund policy and I feel like their support system is miles beyond what Steam offers. I hope to see them make more steps in the right direction, but I'm not holding my breath.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site

I was hoping titanfall would come to steam also - i have everything in steam!!!

I think i will wait. Though my hands are itching to get to grips with the witcher 3! I've got an updated pc rearing to go to town on that! This looks like a good year for pc gaming.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

I decided to preorder Titanfall. I saw Zavvi had it for ?32.98 but they also have 10% off while it is in top 10 most wanted. I also had some reward points so I spent them too, so total came at ?28.60. Not bad.

I was hoping titanfall would come to steam also - i have everything in steam!!!

I think i will wait. Though my hands are itching to get to grips with the witcher 3! I've got an updated pc rearing to go to town on that! This looks like a good year for pc gaming.

Also waiting for Witcher 3. Can't wait to see how the story ends, plus that open world looks outstanding

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Got my Beta key, so hopefully I'll have a chance to try it out. Anyone know offhand how long the beta will be running for?

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
First and foremost, want to say thanks to the forum member for hooking me up with a key ;) Another reason I love this community!

Alright, the PC version is surprisingly well fleshed out. It runs very well on Insane and the options are, for the most part, accessible and customizable. Full customizability of the key and mouse bindings are nice to see. Graphically, the game is very well presented, with a nice aesthetic and sounds, from the weapons and titans, to the grunts shouting out, it all adds to an immersive experience.

The gameplay is fast. It took me a while to get used to it to the point where early on I felt I was being left behind and not contributing. The free-running and jump packs really add a dynamic feel to the infantry game; while the titans add scale to the battlefield. The titan-on-titan action can get pretty insane and intense. The game is just fun, to the point where you want to hop on and are like "just one more game."

A few criticisms are that I feel some games can be over very quickly. Particularly if teams are stacked. It's a case of the rich get richer. The AI units also need to be made a bit smarter. I've seen some just chilling in the open, and even a battle of AIs in the same room shooting and missing each other. It's like a scene out of the Naked Gun. They need a bit of tweaking, but they serve their purpose for the most part.

Initial impressions are good though. It's a fun game with potential. Looking forward to seeing the other titans, weapons and maps.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
First and foremost, want to say thanks to the forum member for hooking me up with a key ;) Another reason I love this community!

Alright, the PC version is surprisingly well fleshed out. It runs very well on Insane and the options are, for the most part, accessible and customizable. Full customizability of the key and mouse bindings are nice to see. Graphically, the game is very well presented, with a nice aesthetic and sounds, from the weapons and titans, to the grunts shouting out, it all adds to an immersive experience.

The gameplay is fast. It took me a while to get used to it to the point where early on I felt I was being left behind and not contributing. The free-running and jump packs really add a dynamic feel to the infantry game; while the titans add scale to the battlefield. The titan-on-titan action can get pretty insane and intense. The game is just fun, to the point where you want to hop on and are like "just one more game."

A few criticisms are that I feel some games can be over very quickly. Particularly if teams are stacked. It's a case of the rich get richer. The AI units also need to be made a bit smarter. I've seen some just chilling in the open, and even a battle of AIs in the same room shooting and missing each other. It's like a scene out of the Naked Gun. They need a bit of tweaking, but they serve their purpose for the most part.

Initial impressions are good though. It's a fun game with potential. Looking forward to seeing the other titans, weapons and maps.

Nice little mini review. Can't wait till the game launches.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Just spotted this thread. I would absolutely love to have a go on Titanfall PC Beta, but haven't managed to get a key yet. I've done research on it and its fast pace and tactical gameplay really seem to be something that's fun and just works. I'm a bit concerned that there isn't a lot more to this game than we see in the beta but I'm itching to make a WPC Gang and get playing!

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
There is a pretty solid rumor that there will be 14 maps and like 6 game modes in the full game, as well as like double the weapons, triple the titans and several more perks too.

But you are right that the basic idea doesn't change as is usually the case with shooters, but actual content wise there's plenty more.

I think Titanfall (on both PC and One) is easily one of the best games I've played the last decade. It still surprises me daily how just rock solid the game is.. at this day and age it's very rare :p

You can get the game pretty cheap digitally from places like CJS CD Keys or equivalents, it's cheap enough for me to encourage anyone even mildly interested to give it a try, unless you are somehow on an extremely strict budget.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte