WildStar Online?

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering whoevers planning on purchasing the upcoming MMO WildStar Online? Its a day one for me so whoever plans on getting it be sure to add me "Flagz"

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Wild Star is a PC Massively Multiplayer Online game (similar to WoW, Everquest, Guild Wars) With a unique Real Time guided Combat System. Explore worlds, create guilds, trade goods, raid dungeons and battle bosses! It looks like its going to be a great community game! Its the first MMO from Carbine Studios (past devs of Blizzard - the company that made one of the biggest MMO's WoW). Looks to be extremely promising, and for players looking to get into a MMO this is your chance with a brand new game! Everyone can start at the same pace so don't get left behind!

$59.99 for the standard edition and an additional $14.99 a month for a subscription AFTER the first Month. Try before you get charged! Make sure you cancel if you're not feeling it!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Nah, I can't get into this stupid MMO business model. $15/month just isn't worth it. Yeah, it sounds like "try it for a month before you buy it," but if you don't like it, you're out the $60 because the game is useless, and you can't trade in PC games. I'm of the belief that all MMOs but WoW will end up F2P within a year of release. They'll use that first 6-12 months on sucking money from those who buy into the game's hype, just as we saw with SW:ToR. It's the same reason I won't touch TESO.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Nah, I can't get into this stupid MMO business model. $15/month just isn't worth it. Yeah, it sounds like "try it for a month before you buy it," but if you don't like it, you're out the $60 because the game is useless, and you can't trade in PC games. I'm of the belief that all MMOs but WoW will end up F2P within a year of release. They'll use that first 6-12 months on sucking money from those who buy into the game's hype, just as we saw with SW:ToR. It's the same reason I won't touch TESO.
Yeah, I guess some people are in the same boat as you. Was hoping to expand my friends list at release but alas it'll be the same 2-3 player group I have in every game. I'd rather have the subscription model and hope there wont be any in game purchases! In MMO's IAP are fatal to the fun, especially when they're beneficial.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree, but I can't say that they ever mattered in Defiance, for example. It was a TPSMMO, but it was still a decent game (just needed to be on better hardware). The issue is that MMOs never keep up with the content demand for their games. In WoW, I'd sign up for 2 months, and be burned out in 6 weeks, most of the time. When a raid takes 1-2 months to get through, then you make its patch last 6 months, people just run out of stuff to do.

That's not as bad in a F2P game, but when you're paying $15/month, you decide to take a break, find other stuff to do, and get too distracted to go back. That's what happened to me with WoW.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Well even though no one has it in the forums I have to say, I'm addicted already. The Game runs flawlessly on Ultra + Max Settings, the community is great since its new and everyone's trying to help each other! The gameplay is amazing and the worlds are rich, diverse and beautiful. The menus are very intuitive. This game is great for both new players and old time vets of MMORPGs. Amazing.

I got on expecting only 1-2 hours to start until tonight, but I got on at 4:25AM yesterday and didn't get off until 1:30PM today. I didn't even get a chance to sleep more than an hour for work! Gahh, I gotta go home and finish these few quest before I go to sleep though :X

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
This made me want to play the game. He spends the first 5 minutes crapping on it but then explains why WildStar might be a great game in the long run.

Warning: Language

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro