07-04-2014 01:45 PM
94 ... 234
tools
    Updated for Saturday. Nothing worth buying.
    06-28-2014 01:28 PM
    Agreed. Wolfenstein caught my eye, but not really looking to spend too much this year.
    06-28-2014 04:00 PM
    I would spend $30 if it was on Bone, where I want to play it. I'm still thinking about PAYDAY 2. I want it, but it's also coming to the One this year (it sounds like). Then again, it's only $6, so I might be fine wasting that much to play it now. I just have to talk others into getting it.
    06-28-2014 04:18 PM
    Picked up Borderlands 2: GotY Edition, after buying 2 $20 Steam Wallet cards. So I now have $32 and change and nothing to buy. I'm thinking about Civ V, but my friend (who I got BL2 to play with) won't get it, and IDK if I want to spend $16.49 on the super-duper edition with the DLC when I'm not a big strategy person. I'm also considering Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, but $3 seems a bit much for a game people say only has 2-3 hours of longevity. I'm holding out on Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition because it's been down to $4.99 before ($6.79 right now), and I'm passing on Fallout 3: GotY because it didn't go down 75% today like New Vegas. I could get both The Witcher titles for about $6, but IDK if I'd ever get around to them, and since the third game's not out until February, I could pick them up during the next Holiday Sale.

So, lots of hemming and hawing.
    06-29-2014 11:12 PM
    If you're thinking about Civ V but don't want all DLC, then I'd recommend you only pick up the Brave New World expansion. It adds quite a lot of extra content like trade routes and slightly reworked the diplomacy. The base game was ok for me, but that expansion really made the experience more enjoyable. A lot of the other dlc is just other civs and scenarios mainly, so I think there will be enough content for you in the base game and BNW expansion.

I tried the multiplayer with my friend but it is a bit too slow paced for my liking. I'm not sure if XCOM is something that interests you, but the MP experience might be more enjoyable with your friend in that type of strategy game.

It's a shame New Vegas Ultimate Edition didn't go to 75% off for you. I think I picked it up when it was at that price. There is a lot of content in the game and I'd recommend it at even that price, but yeah, I'd understand wanting to see it at that previously discounted price.
    06-30-2014 03:10 AM
    Well, getting Civ V is $7.49, and getting BNW is $7.49, so both of them would be $14.98. To get ALL of the DLC would be $16.49, or $1.51 more. So, I figure if I get those 2, I might as well spend the $1.51 and get the other $30 DLC and the other stuff as well. I have an hour to decide. I'll probably get it, in part because I have $32.68 on my account.

Screw it, I went ahead and got it. So, if anyone wants to play Civ, let me know. I'm sure I'll be extremely frustrated with and terrible at it for the foreseeable future.
    06-30-2014 11:54 AM
    Oh yeah you're right. I thought there was a slightly bigger difference than that. So the complete pack will be a better value.
    06-30-2014 12:34 PM
    I haven't got brothers either but I hear nothing but good things about it. Kinda tempted myself...
    06-30-2014 12:55 PM
    Well, dumb me forgot to get the Armored Transport DLC for PAYDAY 2. I'll have to get it next time the game's on-sale, and hopefully Big Bank will be on-sale as well.
    06-30-2014 02:52 PM
    The first Steam Sale where I bought something (well, my cousin bought it and sent it to me because I don't have a PayPal account yet and there are no Steam Wallet cards in stores available where I live). Got quite a few games but I think I left out the most tempting ones (for a reason). So, here they are:

Assassin's Creed II ~2.50
    Batman - Arkham City (GotY Edition) ~4
    Batman - Arkham Origins ~6
    Fable - The Lost Chapters ~3
    Kingdoms of Amalur - Reckoning (+ all add-ons/weapon pack) ~10
    Oddworld - The Oddbox (Abe's Exoddus, Abe's Oddysee, Munch's Oddysee, Stranger's Wrath HD) ~5
    Torchlight II ~5
    The Witcher II - Enhanced Edition ~4

I left out on Bethesda's games (Skyrim, Fallout; which were really tempting) because I hate this first person control-layout and how there is no real feedback in fights. Also, it's kinda too open world to me (come on, why do I need to be able to put spoons and stuff like that in my inventory?).
    06-30-2014 09:13 PM
    ^That's a nice haul of games you got there. I forgot to check out the Assassin's Creed franchise
    07-01-2014 02:42 AM
    ^That's a nice haul of games you got there. I forgot to check out the Assassin's Creed franchise
    Well, there will be another Steam Sale ;-)
    Only got the 2nd part because I'm still not through with the first one and I found it quite repetitive, so....not sure if I will enjoy the second game if it's like the first one.

Never understood the hype about the Steam Sales but now I got hooked :-D
    07-01-2014 03:06 AM
    Well, there will be another Steam Sale ;-)
    Only got the 2nd part because I'm still not through with the first one and I found it quite repetitive, so....not sure if I will enjoy the second game if it's like the first one.

Never understood the hype about the Steam Sales but now I got hooked :-D
    I am also thinking of just picking up the 2nd one since it seems to be one of the better games in the series. I'll keep a lookout for it and add it to my wishlist.

I've been through a few Steam sales now, so I have gotten most of the titles I really want. The other games in my wishlist are just things to keep an eye on but not sure if I'll really play them. I should really just empty the wishlist..it is too tempting sometimes ;)

One title I am quite disappointed in which is not coming to PC and should very well be on PC platform is Halo Master Chief Collection,I hope they reconsider this decision.
    I also would have liked to try out the Halo series. It would be a great time to bring it to PC now that they have this collection.
    07-01-2014 07:24 AM
    I am also thinking of just picking up the 2nd one since it seems to be one of the better games in the series. I'll keep a lookout for it and add it to my wishlist.

I've been through a few Steam sales now, so I have gotten most of the titles I really want. The other games in my wishlist are just things to keep an eye on but not sure if I'll really play them. I should really just empty the wishlist..it is too tempting sometimes ;)

I also would have liked to try out the Halo series. It would be a great time to bring it to PC now that they have this collection.
    Hopefully the second part is better than the first one (I'm only in the 2nd city and the tasks are really repetitive).

I just found out that you get an email when something from your wish list is on sale 😁

Maybe Microsoft isn't sure about how to make the Halo collection available on PC (with Games for Windows Live being dead).
    07-02-2014 09:28 AM
    Hopefully the second part is better than the first one (I'm only in the 2nd city and the tasks are really repetitive).

I just found out that you get an email when something from your wish list is on sale 

Maybe Microsoft isn't sure about how to make the Halo collection available on PC (with Games for Windows Live being dead).
    That's right..they send out those emails to tempt you even more ;) Sometimes I don't always get them though. Guess that could be a good thing
    07-02-2014 02:20 PM
    Friend showed me a few weeks ago, thought you people would appreciate.

07-02-2014 04:56 PM
    Don't EVER rely on Steam's e-mails. They are highly-sporadic in their delivery. They usually don't come up, so when they do, consider yourself lucky.

Also, I think Microsoft could easily expand the Windows Store/Games Hub to include x86-based games, fi they wanted.
    07-02-2014 10:12 PM
    Maybe it would be too much for the servers during Summer Sale (just assuming because I haven't got a single reminder for games on my wishlist and there were a few on sale) but for one after Summer Sale.
    07-03-2014 10:34 AM
    Nah, it's inconsistent year-round. I think they just turn them off during the sale because everything's on SOME kind of discount, just about.
    07-04-2014 01:45 PM
94 ... 234