Steam Summer Sale 2014

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I didn't get payday for the same reason. I haven't played skyrim, more tempted to just wait for its successor at this point.

The Stanley parable is good if you're looking for a game that's quite witty.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I tried the demo for that. It seemed pretty dumb, like they wanted Portal-like humor, but there just isn't a GAME to go with it. I hate that indie roaming stuff, where it's an interactive movie with no real plot, rather than a game.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm tempted to pick up Skyrim at that price, but I'm not sure if I'll really get into that game. Looks like it is going to be a conservative Steam sale for me this year. I have most of the titles I really want at this point.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'll pick SOMETHING up eventually, just waiting on it to show up. I want both GotY editions of Fallout more than anything. If PAYDAY 2 comes back, I'm probably getting it (I have 3 people I'm also going to ask, so hopefully I'll get them all in on it). I'm also watching Spec Ops: The Line and RAGE, as I've heard that the former has a great story and I never got to finish the latter on 360.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
guys i havent played outlast as well as sleeping dogs are they good for $4 each?
or should i get metro last night complete edition for $7?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I've never played sleeping dogs, but if you're into horror games, Outlast is definitely worth $5. The Whistleblower DLC is also worth the money.

I'm picking up Tomb Raider and MAYBE wolf among us

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I hear sleeping dogs is good. I'm tempted to get it myself.

I enjoyed Mertro last light. It improved on 2033 in pretty much every way. I really liked the atmosphere too. I'd recommend it.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I've never played sleeping dogs, but if you're into horror games, Outlast is definitely worth $5. The Whistleblower DLC is also worth the money.

I'm picking up Tomb Raider and MAYBE wolf among us

I like horror games I might wait for some time and decide later on as I mostly like open world game so decided sleeping dogs.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I have Metro 2033. I can't wait to get Redux. Only after that I'll get Last Light.

About this summer sale, I also got Payday 1 for 1.5 euros. Crazy value.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I haven't played metro this is my first time.
How is the gameplay?

Great graphics.
Great story.
Great atmosphere.
Good optimization (except for one DX11 setting)
Really really great weapon feeling.
A lot of weapons! All fun, too.
Fun Steam achievements.
Fun horror elements.
Half-Life 2 inspired pace for the campaign. It's a good thing.
2 endings.
Terrific UI.
7-15 hour campaign, depending on how much you explore.
Dynamic, intense action. Some exploration for good measure. Great shootouts. A varied range of scenarios and locations. As I said, Half-Life 2 inspired campaign.
Stealth elements.
Real-time in-game watch. Neat stuff.

I say it's a great game and it easily worth 10-15 dollars/euros.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo