Steam Summer Sale 2014

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I check it out occasionally, but this sale has been pretty underwhelming, so not as much as when the sale initially started. I'd understand if you didn't feel like updating the OP ;)

I also don't recall what the flash/community deal was. I think it was something along the lines of lead female protagonist (Tomb Raider, Mirror's Edge etc) but can't remember.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
1. Is anyone actually making use of this? I don't feel like updating it every day if it's not doing people any good.
2. Did anyone record the 12 PM-8 PM CT Flash and Community deals? I got hung up helping my aunt with her computer and golfing, so I didn't get to screenshot it like I usually do.
i used it buddy cause sometime i am not able to access my computer so i see deals from here
same as gedzum not able to recall the deals as there weren't any good deals

dwigfor

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Saints Row 4 is tempting, but I'm thinking of waiting to see if they release it with all dlc in a complete pack or something.

Picked it up yesterday, Saint Row complete pack or something for ~$18. Had SR2, SR3, SR4 and a ton of extra crap.
Lego games looked kinda interesting, so I picked up Lego Movie and Marvel Superheroes for $7.50 each. Decided to glance at my wishlist and saw a bunch of stuff that I finally decided to pickup. Rayman Legends $10 (75% off), Space Ace $5 (50%), Dragon's Lair 2 $5 (50%), and Kane And Lynch 1 (~$1.50 haha)

Was tempted on a program called Black Ink for $40 and Liquid Rhythm (I think at time was $25), but figured I'd spent enough.. Virtual DJ is tempting for $12.50, but I think I read that that didn't support dual monitors for karaoke.

Check your wishlists. You might find some surprise deals not listed on the main page.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Picked it up yesterday, Saint Row complete pack or something for ~$18. Had SR2, SR3, SR4 and a ton of extra crap.
Lego games looked kinda interesting, so I picked up Lego Movie and Marvel Superheroes for $7.50 each. Decided to glance at my wishlist and saw a bunch of stuff that I finally decided to pickup. Rayman Legends $10 (75% off), Space Ace $5 (50%), Dragon's Lair 2 $5 (50%), and Kane And Lynch 1 (~$1.50 haha)

Was tempted on a program called Black Ink for $40 and Liquid Rhythm (I think at time was $25), but figured I'd spent enough.. Virtual DJ is tempting for $12.50, but I think I read that that didn't support dual monitors for karaoke.

Check your wishlists. You might find some surprise deals not listed on the main page.

Yeah I saw that complete pack. Looks like an incredible deal. I might hold off until the winter sale before considering again ;)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Updated. Was going to get both Fallout games, but I didn't have time to grab a Steam card because of golfing last night. Hopefully they come back 'round on the last day. I'm also annoyed that they made Fallout 3: GotY 75% off, New Vegas 75%, all of the New Vegas DLC 75% off, but only made New Vegas: Ultimate Edition 66% off.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Dishonored is really good. It's similar to Assassin's Creed, but from a first-person perspective, and with better combat and verticality. The maps are smaller, but they offer more-meaningful navigation, as the route you take can make your path to an objective easier or harder. I never got around to finishing it (controller started ghosting and never picked up a new one), but I'd say it's worth getting.

Beat Hazard is OK, but becomes boring quickly.

e4et

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. Do you think the Skyrim legendary edition will be on sale for below $14 again ? So sad I missed it.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Definitely. In fact, it's part of the Community Vote right now. It'll definitely hit that price a couple more times during the Holiday Sale, if not before then.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Dishonored is really good. It's similar to Assassin's Creed, but from a first-person perspective, and with better combat and verticality. The maps are smaller, but they offer more-meaningful navigation, as the route you take can make your path to an objective easier or harder. I never got around to finishing it (controller started ghosting and never picked up a new one), but I'd say it's worth getting.

Beat Hazard is OK, but becomes boring quickly.

Thanks for the recommendation. I think I'll pick it up then. I enjoyed Assassin's Creed Black Flag quite a lot. Yeah Beat Hazard is more of a game I jump into when I just want to relax to some music.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. Do you think the Skyrim legendary edition will be on sale for below $14 again ? So sad I missed it.

I just saw the legendary edition was back at 66% off in the community sale. Not sure if you picked it up already, but there is still a couple hours left for that.

e4et

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I just saw the legendary edition was back at 66% off in the community sale. Not sure if you picked it up already, but there is still a couple hours left for that.
Thanks. I just got it. Also sleeping dogs. Thanks for help guys.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I would spend $30 if it was on Bone, where I want to play it. I'm still thinking about PAYDAY 2. I want it, but it's also coming to the One this year (it sounds like). Then again, it's only $6, so I might be fine wasting that much to play it now. I just have to talk others into getting it.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Picked up Borderlands 2: GotY Edition, after buying 2 $20 Steam Wallet cards. So I now have $32 and change and nothing to buy. I'm thinking about Civ V, but my friend (who I got BL2 to play with) won't get it, and IDK if I want to spend $16.49 on the super-duper edition with the DLC when I'm not a big strategy person. I'm also considering Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, but $3 seems a bit much for a game people say only has 2-3 hours of longevity. I'm holding out on Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition because it's been down to $4.99 before ($6.79 right now), and I'm passing on Fallout 3: GotY because it didn't go down 75% today like New Vegas. I could get both The Witcher titles for about $6, but IDK if I'd ever get around to them, and since the third game's not out until February, I could pick them up during the next Holiday Sale.

So, lots of hemming and hawing.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
If you're thinking about Civ V but don't want all DLC, then I'd recommend you only pick up the Brave New World expansion. It adds quite a lot of extra content like trade routes and slightly reworked the diplomacy. The base game was ok for me, but that expansion really made the experience more enjoyable. A lot of the other dlc is just other civs and scenarios mainly, so I think there will be enough content for you in the base game and BNW expansion.

I tried the multiplayer with my friend but it is a bit too slow paced for my liking. I'm not sure if XCOM is something that interests you, but the MP experience might be more enjoyable with your friend in that type of strategy game.

It's a shame New Vegas Ultimate Edition didn't go to 75% off for you. I think I picked it up when it was at that price. There is a lot of content in the game and I'd recommend it at even that price, but yeah, I'd understand wanting to see it at that previously discounted price.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel