Steam Summer Sale 2014

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, getting Civ V is $7.49, and getting BNW is $7.49, so both of them would be $14.98. To get ALL of the DLC would be $16.49, or $1.51 more. So, I figure if I get those 2, I might as well spend the $1.51 and get the other $30 DLC and the other stuff as well. I have an hour to decide. I'll probably get it, in part because I have $32.68 on my account.

Screw it, I went ahead and got it. So, if anyone wants to play Civ, let me know. I'm sure I'll be extremely frustrated with and terrible at it for the foreseeable future.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah you're right. I thought there was a slightly bigger difference than that. So the complete pack will be a better value.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, dumb me forgot to get the Armored Transport DLC for PAYDAY 2. I'll have to get it next time the game's on-sale, and hopefully Big Bank will be on-sale as well.

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
The first Steam Sale where I bought something (well, my cousin bought it and sent it to me because I don't have a PayPal account yet and there are no Steam Wallet cards in stores available where I live). Got quite a few games but I think I left out the most tempting ones (for a reason). So, here they are:

Assassin's Creed II ~2.50?
Batman - Arkham City (GotY Edition) ~4?
Batman - Arkham Origins ~6?
Fable - The Lost Chapters ~3?
Kingdoms of Amalur - Reckoning (+ all add-ons/weapon pack) ~10?
Oddworld - The Oddbox (Abe's Exoddus, Abe's Oddysee, Munch's Oddysee, Stranger's Wrath HD) ~5?
Torchlight II ~5?
The Witcher II - Enhanced Edition ~4?

I left out on Bethesda's games (Skyrim, Fallout; which were really tempting) because I hate this first person control-layout and how there is no real feedback in fights. Also, it's kinda too open world to me (come on, why do I need to be able to put spoons and stuff like that in my inventory?).

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
^That's a nice haul of games you got there. I forgot to check out the Assassin's Creed franchise :eck:

Well, there will be another Steam Sale ;-)
Only got the 2nd part because I'm still not through with the first one and I found it quite repetitive, so....not sure if I will enjoy the second game if it's like the first one.

Never understood the hype about the Steam Sales but now I got hooked :-D

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Well, there will be another Steam Sale ;-)
Only got the 2nd part because I'm still not through with the first one and I found it quite repetitive, so....not sure if I will enjoy the second game if it's like the first one.

Never understood the hype about the Steam Sales but now I got hooked :-D

I am also thinking of just picking up the 2nd one since it seems to be one of the better games in the series. I'll keep a lookout for it and add it to my wishlist.

I've been through a few Steam sales now, so I have gotten most of the titles I really want. The other games in my wishlist are just things to keep an eye on but not sure if I'll really play them. I should really just empty the wishlist..it is too tempting sometimes ;)

One title I am quite disappointed in which is not coming to PC and should very well be on PC platform is Halo Master Chief Collection,I hope they reconsider this decision.

I also would have liked to try out the Halo series. It would be a great time to bring it to PC now that they have this collection.

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I am also thinking of just picking up the 2nd one since it seems to be one of the better games in the series. I'll keep a lookout for it and add it to my wishlist.

I've been through a few Steam sales now, so I have gotten most of the titles I really want. The other games in my wishlist are just things to keep an eye on but not sure if I'll really play them. I should really just empty the wishlist..it is too tempting sometimes ;)

I also would have liked to try out the Halo series. It would be a great time to bring it to PC now that they have this collection.

Hopefully the second part is better than the first one (I'm only in the 2nd city and the tasks are really repetitive).

I just found out that you get an email when something from your wish list is on sale 😁

Maybe Microsoft isn't sure about how to make the Halo collection available on PC (with Games for Windows Live being dead).

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully the second part is better than the first one (I'm only in the 2nd city and the tasks are really repetitive).

I just found out that you get an email when something from your wish list is on sale 

Maybe Microsoft isn't sure about how to make the Halo collection available on PC (with Games for Windows Live being dead).

That's right..they send out those emails to tempt you even more ;) Sometimes I don't always get them though. Guess that could be a good thing

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Don't EVER rely on Steam's e-mails. They are highly-sporadic in their delivery. They usually don't come up, so when they do, consider yourself lucky.

Also, I think Microsoft could easily expand the Windows Store/Games Hub to include x86-based games, fi they wanted.

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Maybe it would be too much for the servers during Summer Sale (just assuming because I haven't got a single reminder for games on my wishlist and there were a few on sale) but for one after Summer Sale.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos