So I recently found a website where you can lease graphics cards.... looks kinda interesting

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
So I thought this was pretty interesting. There is a site online where you can lease your graphics cards, if you really want the latest and greatest, but don't want to pay almost $1,000 for a graphics card every year or so. The way it works is that you pay monthly to lease it out and the lease lasts for 12 months. On the 13th month, you have the option to pay for another month's fee, but this time you're buying it, so you now own the card. The bad part is that there's about a 40% mark up if you do it that way, but you also don't have to wait a year if you were going to save up and buy it outright. The cool thing is that it appears that you can break the lease whenever you want, but if you do it in the middle of the month, you have to pay for the rest of the month. So you could theoretically get a new high end graphics card every month if you so chose to.

Obviously if you're not a big enthusiast and keep your cards for 4-5 years, then this isn't for you, but I found it to be a pretty interesting option.

Cutting Edge Gamer | The Leader in Leasing Graphics Cards

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
That's very interesting! I've never seen anything like that in the past.

Neither have I until yesterday. At first I thought it was silly, but then I saw that you can break the lease at any time (the least is apparently only effective if you're buying), and it suddenly became a lot more interesting.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Interesting, this one part I have an issue with

We do allow upgrades from two cards to one. We do not allow upgrades from three or more cards down to one card.

What about three plus cards down to two and then later one? lol.

I doubt they ship internationally :(.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
​Nice find. I'm not at that stage yet where I'd switch often, but definitely a nice program.

Depending on what it would cost to buy it outright, I may look in to it later. I know folks who resell their cards at a minimal loss to get the next card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel