Went into MS Store today for an issue with a L640 and noticed they had the Vive on demo. TBH, I didn't read much about the Vive as I was looking forward to the Rift. I was able to select three different games to play, while they had a couple more games to pick from and a couple landscape exploration experiences. The games I picked was a bow and arrow game, a space station shooter and some kind of alien orb shooter.

Wow. I am extremely impressed! The controls were very fluid and responsive. The experience was immersive without any feeling of motion sickness. At $799, It's tempting, but I would have to factor in the cost of a gaming rig. If it ran off of the XB1 (like I said,I didn't look into it at all), I would probably pick it up soon.

Anyways, check it out if it's available in your area. You get 15min of play and there is a wait list.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    08-19-2016 05:30 PM
    I'd love to try it out some day...
    12-24-2016 10:33 AM
    I bought one a few months back alongside a high-end rig and I don't regret it one bit. Seriously amazing technology - and this is only the first wave of VR headsets. It's definitely not perfect, but a really unique experience for many.
    12-27-2016 04:11 AM
    I already buy a PC VR Ready with the intention to try the VR someday, but I think I will wait for the second wave... Rift 2, Vive 2 or any new big game player.
    01-16-2017 10:27 AM
    Went into MS Store today for an issue with a L640 and noticed they had the Vive on demo. TBH, I didn't read much about the Vive as I was looking forward to the Rift. I was able to select three different games to play, while they had a couple more games to pick from and a couple landscape exploration experiences. The games I picked was a bow and arrow game, a space station shooter and some kind of alien orb shooter.

Wow. I am extremely impressed! The controls were very fluid and responsive. The experience was immersive without any feeling of motion sickness. At $799, It's tempting, but I would have to factor in the cost of a gaming rig. If it ran off of the XB1 (like I said,I didn't look into it at all), I would probably pick it up soon.

Anyways, check it out if it's available in your area. You get 15min of play and there is a wait list.
    I have one and it's great. If you have the money, go for it ;)

Cheers
    01-24-2017 03:02 PM