Xbox 360 Controller or Xbox One Controller for PC Gaming

Thomas Dewangga

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I like playing PC game with controller, especially for RPG and FPS games. I already have Xbox 360 controller, but it seems the Y button doesn't respond correctly anymore. I want to change with a new one, but I don't know which one. Frankly I'm curious with X1 feels, and maybe wireless one too.

If any of you have the experience or comparison for both controller, I'll be glad to hear.

Charliefr3sh

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Definitely the Xbox one controller! That shouldn't even be a question. Once u use the Xbox one controller, the 360 controller would feel very awkward and kinda in comfy and big. I would suggest you get the new Xbox one S controller, its got some nice grips and responsive buttons and it also has built in Bluetooth so you can use it wirelessly without the need of an adapter. Or u can go for the Elite controller if u don't mind splashing out some big bucks for it.

Thomas Dewangga

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, I'd love to try the X1 S. But, unfortunately I'm living in Indonesia, which is mean there's no Xbox one s here (yet). I'm interest in buying Xb1 wireless, will it work on any Bluetooth adapter? Or I should need the wireless adapter?

Frans van Bellen

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
In case you can't get your hands on a X1 controller: you can use ScpServer (http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-ScpToolkit-XInput-Wrapper-aka-ScpServer-Reloaded) to make Windows think a PlayStation 3 or 4 controller is a Xbox controller. It doesn't quite feel the same, but it might be a cheaper option. Second hand PS3 controllers are pretty cheap and easy to get nowadays.

I know this doesn't directly address your question, so feel free to ignore this if it isn't helpful :).

Thomas Dewangga

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Finally I've found Xbox One S in online shop. And it works with Bluetooth too. Glad I chose this S version, so I don't need any adapter. I got the Gears of War 4 Special Edition btw.

Anyway, does it works with any W10M game? I tried to connect with my 950XL, but I don't know how to use it. I thought I can play Halo SA or Asphalt with my new controller, but apparently not.

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I'd definitely go with an Xbox One controller for applicable PC gaming. While I believe Microsoft's own controllers are outstanding to wield, I am becoming more accustomed to the Steam Controller and I'm actually starting to dig it.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Meh, the Xbox one Controller is nice on the PC but, the Xbox 360 controller still feels great, wireless adapter is like $10 on ebay and you can get a controller under $30 in most places. As the Xbox one controller is about $60, plus the cost of the wireless adapter.

Of course you can be tied to a via a USB cable, if you really want to save the extra...

Seyker

Dec 5, 2016
Visit site
You can get the Xbox One S pad and goes through Bluetooth it's even better than before. The plastic of the grips is different and the texture feels so great. I haven't noticed any latency and I've tried some of my fav arcade games: Race the Sun, Duet and Super Meat Boy with it.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Definitely the Xbox one controller! That shouldn't even be a question. Once u use the Xbox one controller, the 360 controller would feel very awkward and kinda in comfy and big. I would suggest you get the new Xbox one S controller, its got some nice grips and responsive buttons and it also has built in Bluetooth so you can use it wirelessly without the need of an adapter. Or u can go for the Elite controller if u don't mind splashing out some big bucks for it.

Yea, the Xbox one controller is nice but, there is nothing wrong with a 360 controller..... I have one just for my PC, they can be gotten under $30 in most places as the Xbox one controller is about $60 everywhere..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12