How Much Did You/Should You Spend On A Gaming PC?

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Another curious question I have for the community!

It could be anything from Budget PC to Enthusiast Gaming PC. I personally think $1500 - $1600(*Edited: maybe I can bump it up to $1800 for max If you're building it from scratch with a Intel and Nvidia build) is the limit before being called a Enthusiast... or lower Enthusiast.

Any thoughts? Feel free to tell your story, lol.

Last edited:

TheDarkSide1

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
The MAX I probably would ever pay for a gaming PC would probably be $900. I'm a gamer but not a very intensive gamer! If I was a millionaire then maybe just maybe I'll raise the max price to $901, nah but probably $1300, just under your limit.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
@TheDarkSide1, Nice !! I'm really liking the $901 limit, LOL ! If I were a millionaire I wouldn't do anything extra or special, I'll buy the exact stuff and live my life the same way!

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I think I must have spent around £1200-1400 on mine over the years. But that covers everything from the original PC build, monitor, keyboard & mouse and OS. Then it also includes the upgrade from an AMD 955 to an Intel core i7 4790K. So new motherboard and RAM plus an SSD. Whew painful when I actually think about the cost LOL

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
@gedzum
Painful! Yeah it could get there when you actually realize how much you spent and what you've spent it on! Most of the components inside my PC (my Main Pc as my sister uses my 2nd build), I bought within the same week. My wallet started crying , but it was definitely worth it!

Hey wait... We have the same Processor, the Core i7 4790K! Nice !!

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Wait... am I counting myself as an enthusiast? I said earlier in my first post that my personal limit before entering enthusiast territory was $1500 - $1600... If I add my monitors into my PC price then I'm WELL beyond $1600.... Now my head hurts from all of this, lol.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
@gedzum
Painful! Yeah it could get there when you actually realize how much you spent and what you've spent it on! Most of the components inside my PC (my Main Pc as my sister uses my 2nd build), I bought within the same week. My wallet started crying , but it was definitely worth it!

Hey wait... We have the same Processor, the Core i7 4790K! Nice !!

Exactly that! The good thing is doing just that though.. trickling over those upgraded parts down for another system. I put my old CPU and GPU in the family PC. Pretty much got 2 capable gaming machines ;)

And snap on the i7 4790K! Nice one.. it was a great upgrade from my old AMD 955. Especially when I started to get into a little video editing. The i7 was a huge improvement.. even more so now that I have a GoPro and work with 4K video! :sweaty:

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Wait... am I counting myself as an enthusiast? I said earlier in my first post that my personal limit before entering enthusiast territory was $1500 - $1600... If I add my monitors into my PC price then I'm WELL beyond $1600.... Now my head hurts from all of this, lol.

Yeah just call it enthusiast... sweep the pain of the money figure under the rug *shifty eyes* lol

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Exactly that! The good thing is doing just that though.. trickling over those upgraded parts down for another system. I put my old CPU and GPU in the family PC. Pretty much got 2 capable gaming machines ;)

And snap on the i7 4790K! Nice one.. it was a great upgrade from my old AMD 955. Especially when I started to get into a little video editing. The i7 was a huge improvement.. even more so now that I have a GoPro and work with 4K video! :sweaty:

Potential a second gaming Pc, nice!

I upgraded from an old Pentium G3258 "Anniversary Edition" it worked out pretty good for the price! It's only like $80 but it's highly overclockable from 3.2 to 4.6Ghz.

I made the upgrade because I wanted to beef up my Pc... plus I need it for video editing and heavy workloads

Yeah just call it enthusiast... sweep the pain of the money figure under the rug *shifty eyes* lol

Lol

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I highly suggest building your own. I just recently built one for myself, and the entire process was very rewarding. I'm a newbie when it comes to this, so I learned a lot. Plus, it saved me over $500 when compared to buying one with equal or similar specs. Total cost for mine was around $900. And now I have a VR ready beast. ☺

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I highly suggest building your own. I just recently built one for myself, and the entire process was very rewarding. I'm a newbie when it comes to this, so I learned a lot. Plus, it saved me over $500 when compared to buying one with equal or similar specs. Total cost for mine was around $900. And now I have a VR ready beast. ☺

Same here, I saved SOO much money from just building a PC over buying a pre-built one. I to have a VR beast... but I'm not really into the whole Virtual Reality thing, it's nice to have but I wouldn't probably use it a whole lot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers