Anyone interested in helping out Twitch Streamers by purchasing a game from Twitch themselves? They'll give a small cut (around 5%) of the purchase to one your favorite Streamers!

https://blog.twitch.tv/coming-soon-g...h-9c829cae6ac1

Although it's not much with 70% going to the publisher and 25% of the purchase going to Twitch, you would only slightly help out with an average of $2-$3 actually going towards the content creators

This would probably sound good for a person who normally donates to Streamers maybe, even though people can donate a lot more.

Thoughts?

Hear it from GameSpot's Tony Wilson
    TheDarkSide1 likes this.
    04-01-2017 03:31 PM
    I heard about in this a while ago, it's about time they start doing this! Lol.
    Well as much as I want to support the content creators, I'll just donate to them using there donate button and I'll buy the games on Steam or Origin... As I normally do. Lol.
    Josiah23 likes this.
    04-02-2017 08:23 PM
    I heard about in this a while ago, it's about time they start doing this! Lol.
    Well as much as I want to support the content creators, I'll just donate to them using there donate button and I'll buy the games on Steam or Origin... As I normally do. Lol.
    That's what I though some would do!

What, you don't trust Twitch enough? lol. I'm with you though on that!
    04-02-2017 09:36 PM
    Actually kind of a cool idea. I guess I'd have to weigh the options a bit and figure out which route is best for them.
    Josiah23 likes this.
    04-02-2017 09:43 PM
    Actually kind of a cool idea. I guess I'd have to weigh the options a bit and figure out which route is best for them.
    Yeah, I guess it could help out a little more than I though. The games themselves will cost the same as Steam's regular prices (without any Steam sales going on) but with a small cut of the purchase actually going towards the Streamers themselves. So I guess it would help out a bit more... I'm kinda in between though.
    04-02-2017 09:48 PM
    Well but I don't think majority of people will donate to them despite spending a lot of time watching. This way it costs the same but they get a cut.. Likely more people doing to do that, right?
    04-02-2017 09:49 PM
    Yeah, more people will probably lean more towards that direction, as a small percentage of viewers actually donate. I think they'll just buy the game (If they want it of course) on Twitch's service to give that "donation" of 5 percent.

This would be interesting to see what people would do... I think it's going on now for very few titles at the moment and they'll expand soon.
    04-02-2017 09:56 PM