Steam Performance Issues

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone out there experiencing performance issues with Steam lately? Usually all is fine and loads snappy, but in the last few days, not so much.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I did have this issue a while ago, but not recently.

Have you tried creating a backup of your games and reinstalling Steam?

That's what fixes the problem for me. I copied the steamapps folder and moved it to an external hard drive then uninstalled and reinstalled Steam and moved the folder back to it's original place.

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I read the title, and having used steam for a rather long time, it's always been like that.

It usually runs really bad when your internet connection is poor. For some reason it tends to hang the computer if it's not communicating properly.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I read the title, and having used steam for a rather long time, it's always been like that.

It usually runs really bad when your internet connection is poor. For some reason it tends to hang the computer if it's not communicating properly.

Hmmm maybe I don't have this problem because I'm connect through an Ethernet Cable and not using Wifi.

Although I was experiencing this sort of problem a few months ago. It did end up fixing with the method above.

If you have access to your router, try giving Steam a higher priority setting so Steam will be the first thing your internet goes to and it shouldn't have problems.

@James Falconer
Try going into your Steam settings and click "download" then clear download cache.

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Anyone out there experiencing performance issues with Steam lately? Usually all is fine and loads snappy, but in the last few days, not so much.
I haven't noticed anything like that. Try doing what they said. If it doesn't work reinstall Steam (it sucks, I know)

Cheers

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
That's probably his best bet! Back up anything and everything if you don't want to go through the process of re-downloading everything.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo