The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
01-08-2018 03:04 PM
100 1234
tools
    I don't play many PC games anymore, but as a kid, there were two games that I really enjoyed playing: Age of Empires and Sid Meier's Pirates.
    08-19-2017 10:32 AM
    Yeah I loved that game too
    08-19-2017 10:34 AM
    LEGO Universe
    08-19-2017 10:43 AM
    Do you have a favorite game that you have previously played?

What makes it your favorite game? The story? The connection between you and the characters? A bit of both or something else?

When was the first time you have played the game?

Do you still have the game today?

Open discussion to everyone in the community
    As a kid for me, the first games that come to mind immediately are Wasteland, Interstate '76, Mechwarrior 2, CivIII, and Wolfenstein 3D. Oh and Battle of Britain/Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe, and EA Nhl series.

Edit: How could I forget Master of Magic! If I were to pick 1 from my childhood, this would be it.
    Last edited by Johnny Gun; 08-21-2017 at 01:39 PM.
    08-19-2017 10:44 AM
    You played thousand of games, yet 2001 Alice is your top pick?
    08-19-2017 10:51 AM

What makes it your favorite game? The story? The connection between you and the characters? A bit of both or something else?

ITS ACTUALLY 2:
    1. Halo - story is definitely great, did go through several times at all difficulty levels , now if only movie / tv series came.
    2. Counter Strike - great stress reliever, I play it even on my phone.
    08-19-2017 10:58 AM
    On PC all the Ages of Empire games

Twitter: @PhotographyET
    Couldn't agree more. Disappointed my the AoE II HD effort in Steam store right now. I was really hoping they were going to give it a fill refresh like they are doing for the original (I hope). AoE III and AoM are really the only ones that I consider playable these days, which is a bummer because the first two were the best.
    08-19-2017 11:12 AM
    do you have a favorite game that you have previously played?

aoeo
    08-19-2017 11:15 AM
    My favorite games are the fear series and the stalker games and the civilization series
    08-19-2017 11:36 AM
    Fallout 2. I think it does not require any explanations. Tried to install it on my Surface 3, but it's so old that it does not work with touch screen. Even the unofficial patch was of little help. Id buy a remastered version at a premium price, but unfortunately this is not going to happen :(
    08-19-2017 12:17 PM
    Can't decide between Quake 1 and Unreal 1. Unreal was beautiful to look at and the sound track was gorgeous! LOVE them and still play them. After those, Xevious. So MANY quarters spent on that game.
    08-19-2017 01:16 PM
    PC: RollerCoaster Tycoon
    Console: Red Dead Redemption
    08-19-2017 01:50 PM
    I loved Myst when it first came out years ago.
    raycpl likes this.
    08-19-2017 02:12 PM
    System Shock 2, a true masterpiece, excellent RPG elements, atmospheric to the point of pants wetingly tense, raised the bar for PC gaming.
    08-19-2017 02:13 PM
    Favourite game : settlers 2

Reason: because it was awesome
    08-19-2017 04:20 PM
    King's Quest IV - The Perils of Rosella
    Stephen Pedersen1 likes this.
    08-19-2017 06:14 PM
    For PC, hands down the original Deus Ex!
    Benetnach likes this.
    08-19-2017 08:16 PM
    On console, it is definitely the Megaman/Rockman series for 8bit NES. Great art, level and boss design, and unbeatable gameplay dynamics.

In arcade, nothing beats Street Fighter 2. It was the ultimate climax of the arcade gaming era.

And although I've always been most partial to old school games, on PC it's a modern title. RAINBOW SIX SIEGE is the most unique and engaging multiplayer fps ever. There's really nothing else like it. No wonder it's playerbase keeps growing even though it's been out almost two years.
    08-19-2017 08:19 PM
    The Original Punch-Out you know how many quarters I put in that machine.. During desperate times I would go search for bottles to get a nickle for the return.

My all time favorite single player game would be Half Life... Which lead to all kinds of mods for it... Which of course Half-Life game engine was the Quake engine and another game that I have a lot of hours in.

Planetquake, Planet Half-Life, Planet Unreal, and the rest of the Planets XXXX was my hang out. I still have the very first release of Counter-Strike it's on a CDr zipped. You could plant the bomb anywhere on the map. That was when Gooseman and Cliffe were on the forums and before Valve acquired the rights.

Multiplayer FPS is Battlefield 1942

Modem to Modem would be Falcon spent a many nights playing that.

Hahaha here's a link from the wayback machine where I'm asking about drivers and tweaks for QIII -- I go by Sinster on that forums (and many others) . I wish it archived the forums and really would like to see what I had to say.
    Page 3
    https://web.archive.org/web/19990208...tquake.com:80/
    08-20-2017 12:14 AM
    The original Pool of Radiance on my old Commodore 64. Loved that game and replayed it on the Amiga and PC versions too. So wish they would reboot or remaster the gold box games. The Amiga version was the best version and also the best music.
    08-20-2017 01:51 AM

What makes it your favorite game? The story? The connection between you and the characters? A bit of both or something else? [..]
    GTA: Vice City

If I had to choose one game, Vice City would be my choice. Great story, nice visuals, fantastic soundtrack! Captures the essential feeling of the 80's in a very feelgood kind of way.

(Honorable mentions: Carmageddon 2, NFS Underground 2, BF Vietnam)
    08-20-2017 03:15 AM
    Gothic 2 + Add-Ons: fantastic world, interesting story, dozens of hours of play-time. Only Dark Souls: Preapare to Die Edition was close to that experience.
    08-20-2017 07:55 AM

I've had more fun with the new Wolfenstein games than I've had in a while.
    If I had to back in time though, I'd have to say either Rise of Nations or Warcraft 3 from my early days (2002 - 2007)
    I still own everything, but sadly I haven't had a chance to play the latter two in quite a while
    08-20-2017 09:53 AM
    The Myst series and the new Obduction which I wish was brought to Xbox one.
    raycpl likes this.
    08-20-2017 11:59 AM
    Many many good games down the years and on PC I'd say Transport Tycoon, Sim City and Age of Empires. Going back beyond that I'd say my favourite of all was the arcade game Asteroids. A blend of superb gameplay, a perfectly weighted difficulty curve, excellent game physics and, for the time, cutting edge graphics. A real winner.
    08-20-2017 02:00 PM
100 1234