What's your single favorite game you've played? And Why?

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Do you have a favorite game that you have previously played?

What makes it your favorite game? The story? The connection between you and the characters? A bit of both or something else?

When was the first time you have played the game?

Do you still have the game today?

Open discussion to everyone in the community

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
That's a really tough question.
Halo 2 immediately comes to mind. I must've put hundreds of hours into that game as a kid on my original Xbox. I thought it was incredible. Everything about it was great. I loved playing with my dad.
Binding of Isaac is another great game. It's really addictive and hard to stop playing once you start.
I'm a huge fan of Battlefield 1, Far Cry 3, Forza Horizon 3, Just Cause 3...there's a lot of great ones out there it's really hard to choose one.

There's also FTL, but that's a PC game. I've put hours into that. Well, that and Age of Empires II.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
That's a really tough question.
Halo 2 immediately comes to mind. I must've put hundreds of hours into that game as a kid on my original Xbox. I thought it was incredible. Everything about it was great. I loved playing with my dad.
Binding of Isaac is another great game. It's really addictive and hard to stop playing once you start.
I'm a huge fan of Battlefield 1, Far Cry 3, Forza Horizon 3, Just Cause 3...there's a lot of great ones out there it's really hard to choose one.

There's also FTL, but that's a PC game. I've put hours into that. Well, that and Age of Empires II.

Halo 2 on the original Xbox is definitely one of my all time favorites!

My favorite game until now must have been half life 2

Half Life 2 is definitely a good one! I don't think I've ever completely finished the game though.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Pac-Man !! ( yeah, arcade, coin op.!!)
I could play the first 23 levels perfectly. ie max points per level. ... It takes focus and, I'll admit, slightly OCD
Highest score I had was ~325,000

For PC games... it was Westwood's Blade Runner. There was nothing like that when it came out. Great novella, excellent movie, and great game...
Now, bring on the movie sequel asap.

...!

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Pac-Man !! ( yeah, arcade, coin op.!!)
I could play the first 23 levels perfectly. ie max points per level. ... It takes focus and, I'll admit, slightly OCD
Highest score I had was ~325,000

For PC games... it was Westwood's Blade Runner. There was nothing like that when it came out. Great novella, excellent movie, and great game...
Now, bring on the movie sequel asap.

...!
PAC man... A true classic! What about Tetris? ;)

Cheers

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
hard to pin point because there's too many games out there?

Favorite game based on what? Impact in life? LOL technical aspect? Story?

The one game that stands out in my life as a gamer is Donkey Kong Country on the SNES which is the single game that got me in to gaming.

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
hard to pin point because there's too many games out there?

Favorite game based on what? Impact in life? LOL technical aspect? Story?

The one game that stands out in my life as a gamer is Donkey Kong Country on the SNES which is the single game that got me in to gaming.
Never played SNES. But the original Spectrum games were responsible for my entry into gaming, and the Amiga 500 made me an addicted (anyone here is from that time? )

Cheers

mattyjoes

Aug 5, 2017
Visit site
Planet Coaster. I picked it up and now can hardly put it down. With your imagination, you can create just about anything.
The coasters are A #1 but your imagination (and pc build) is the only limit.

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
HOMEWORLD -

the storyline, the graphics ( at the time ), the unique gameplay ( at the time ), even the soundtrack ( I have the soundtrack CD!!!) .
I loved how hard it was to finish. After days of frustration, sweat and tears, finishing it gives you a sense of incredible accomplishment. I love parading my corvettes, frigates, destroyers, fighters, and other ships around.
OH GAHD I hope they remake it in VR or AR. :smile:

Easy gratification from casual games pales in comparison to winning an extremely difficult game like Homeworld.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
PAC man... A true classic! What about Tetris? ;)

Cheers
I did play it often, but it's not a fave. There was one spinoff I really liked... 3D-Tetris. You have a view from above. Its tricky to have to spin/rotate the 3D shapes. A great concept, but really hard game play.

... !

Last edited:

anon(10237065)

May 12, 2017
Visit site
I'm afraid I will have to choose three game series!

Assassin's Creed series for the fantastic idea, stunning game world and great gameplay.
  • Brotherhood
  • Black Flag - Yo ho, a pirate's life for me
  • Syndicate - Got to love a bit of London
Metro series for a brilliant atmosphere in the post-apocalyptic world.
Mass Effect series, one of the best story lines ever. And you can make your own choices!

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
It may be a cliche response I guess, but my favoite game is The Witcher 3. I absolutely adore The Witcher franchise, finished W1 twice, finished W2 something like 8 times and finished W3 just once so far (because it's a 240 hour game). And I consider The Witcher 3 the best video game ever made (the fact it's so pretty, so vast, the characters and story are so great and ALL side quests are completely worth it).

Finished it on Deathmarch. Fully intend to replay it on NG+, Deathmarch and Scaling On once I upgrade my GPU in the next 1-2 years.

I usually pay up to 12$ for my PC games, but I payed 116$ for The Witcher 3 and expansions and I feel like I got way CHEAP given the amount of quality that I got and the fact that you can't see everything, every decision, in just one playthrough.

As for my other favorite series ... I absolute adore The Mass Effect trilogy, the Thief Quadrilogy, the Legacy of Kain series and the Batman Arkham Qaudrilogy.

kevinh8053

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
My absolute favorite was Strike Eagle III from Microprose. One of the best flight simulators. One of the things I loved about it was the fact that I was pretty good at it. Probably the only game I was ever truely good at.
The Wing Commander series was a lot of fun too. The first Doom was great. Graphics weren't very good but it was ok for the time and it's always fun to shoot stuff.
Then there was Simcity 3000 cause once in awhile it's nice to play something where everything isn't trying to kill me.

y-ish

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
The original Wing Commander, great gameplay, branching storyline, pretty impressive graphic and audio capabilities for it's time. Which there were space fighter sims around today, hell I wish there were any decent flight games around today.

Zardos

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
There are so many games I love it's almost impossible to choose, but I would have to with Sacrifice by Shiny released in 2000. The third person RTS style gameplay combined with amazing/funny characters all mixed together into an amazing game. I play through this game about once a year and it never gets old.

I got the game with a video card I bought a long time ago, and held onto that disc ages until GOG finally released it on their site.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05