RAM upgrade

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
No. If you do it correctly, you won't need to format the hard disk. Just make sure that you're installing a compatible RAM.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Sfigatto

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Thank you very much!
I've another question, i'd also like to install an ssd, following the guide of this forum, but when i will have setted to save all files, music images and apps in the old hdd instead the new ssd, when i will try to install a game, this will be installed in the hdd? And if i will install the game in it the loading time will be slow?
Thank you again!

Last edited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
If you set to have your C:/ (that is, your OS) in your SSD, then your apps and games (from the Store - if that's what you mean) will be installed in your SSD (since that's your C:); but if you're referring to ordinary games from CD or online installers, then you can always choose where to install it - but the recommended is this:
- All programs in C: - your SSD
- All documents and files (Music, Videos, Pictures, Word files, etc.) in your HDD.

This way, program performance will be a lot faster.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
There are a lot of what-ifs in that scenario.

Games will load somewhat faster from an SSD than from an HDD, but it all depends on how big the game is, how much data it is trying to load during game play.

You can get a 500 GB SSD for ~$150, which would give you a decent amount of storage. What games are you looking to install?

Sfigatto

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
I want to install some games on steam, such as gta V, train sims, rainbox six siege... And other, such as microsoft flight simulator with a lot of add on, from a cd...
I think i'll take a 500gb ssd.
Thank you very much!

seremify

May 9, 2015
Visit site
If it's Steam, you can set both C and D drive to hold your library and then depending on game, you can elect to install it to either. I ended up putting most things on D drive (the 1TB SSHD) as other than CSGO and Simcity, I don't really play games that often to justify using up my valuable SSD :) Besides, the other games I paly aren't that intensive on constantly loading but as others mentioned, different games will see differing levels of benefit from installation on an SSD.

antheocy

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Some advice when you installing ram. Check if the amount , brand and speed of ram is compatible with your laptop ,pc , notebook before buying or installing it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99