Recently got 3 TB Hard Drives from Scrap Yard

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm like so excited right now I had to tell some tech people but I'm not excited because I got the 3 TB drives, they came over time but also so did dual SLI GTS 250's, Radeon 1900XT Sapphire(I think), a few other Geforce cards of 512 mb RAM so old stuff really, outdated.
Anyway, I did get a computer together out of scrap and with 16 GB of RAM collected from the place, I installed the GTS 250 just to see what it did and it does play GTA5 in almost all high settings and it looks and works pretty well. I was impressed it is an AM3 board, I am trying to get the Phenom X6 1100 Black edition which is hard to get and expensive. I do have a 2 GB GTX650 coming that's supposed to support directx 12 so we will see how that does when it get here. Otherwise I'm impressed.
Though what I finally did with the 3 TB is that everything was a mess and not partitioned well and I wanted my windows install to be separate from everything else in case of ever needing to reinstall it would be much easier, oh and I wanted to switch the drives over to GBT instead of MBR because I read it had higher failsafe procedures in place. So I organized data around and made a system image of my C: drive, and one by one I deleted all partitions, switched them over to GPT and now I?ve got to put in a flash drive to reinstall windows on the main drive so I can delete that partition and then reinstall windows back onto it, after that I just have to reinstall the image back onto my machine and with a few chores left over, that should be pretty much it!
Anyways, just wanted to share and if you read this far then thanks for reading!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb