Hello All!
    After intel's i9 processor(competitor of AMD Ryzen), they have released a new kind of memory which is faster than SSD known as 'Optane'. Will you buy this or wait for an alternate device from AMD?

for more info visit here - http://www.windowscentral.com/what-intel-optane-memory
    06-17-2017 11:40 PM
    Saw it in the tech store the other day, in the ram section.

It's an interesting proposition, essentially a ram caching device for your hard drive.

Which should indeed provide faster disk access. But of course you can't boot from it or use it directly as storage, and you need an m2 slot.

I wonder how having one of these, with a conventional hard disk compares to using an ssd. 32gb of non-volatile ram caching, over a 32 gbps x4 pcie bus should be a lot faster than any ssd, for most applications.

The article seems a little confused, saying people will wait for bigger sizes. 32gb is loads for a caching service, and should provide blinding speeds even with a convention hard drive (allowing such a build to have a bigger disc for the price, 2 or 4 or 8 gb for example, rather than the conventional ssd/hd pairing)

I mean I guess using this ram as a full ssd would be even better, but I think for the most part, its probably just as good to use it as cache. Especially if you already have some form of sata ssd as the harddrive already.
    06-18-2017 12:42 AM
    Is AMD even working on a competing product?
    07-10-2017 03:35 AM