Ryzen or Kabylake? With an argument please

Thomas Dewangga

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
If I have to build a new PC right now, today, and this time only, which platform should I choose for gaming, Ryzen or Kabylake?. I know in the paper i5 7600k and i7 7700k are the best in performance for gaming. But if I choose those CPU it mean I have to using z270 mobo which very expensive in Indonesia (the cheapest around $250) and I have to bought after market cooler. But should I consider the non-k version? Like i5 7600 or below or i7 7700 and get b250 mobo? But, yeah I can't do any overclock.

On the other side, Ryzen is pretty pretty good price/performance in Indonesia. The R5 only cost $250 and I can get B350 for $120, also I can slap 3200mhz DDR4 RAM on that mobo, which I can't do on Intel side B250. And I get cooler on the box also, which I save money for cooler.

So, in the calculator, the Ryzen give me a good price with a little less performance of Intel. And now we're talking cores, threads, and investment. Which platform will give me lifetime investment. I dont want to change any CPU every 2 years. Does 6C/12T on Ryzen will he handy on the future? Because new games like Prey, The Surge, Rise of Tomb Raider, Doom, and you name it, will work flawlessly on multithread CPU, and yeah on higher clock too (like intel).

So anyone can help me choose? Thank you.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I upgraded my PC recently and I went for a Core i5 7600 and a B250 motherboard. I went with Intel because all the games and everything that runs on Windows right now is mainly optimised only for Intel chips and it is yet to be seen if developers are going to optimize their games for Ryzen since we don't know how many of those processors AMD is going to sell. Right now sales are 93% Intel 7% Ryzen, but that could change until the end of the year. So far I'm very satisfied with performance of my system.

You get stock cooler with Intel processors too, at least we do get the cooler in my region. There are many people lobbying for Ryzen, but I personally don't trust AMD, for me it has always been Intel & nVidia, but of course you can go ahead and purchase AMD too if you have had bad experience with Intel and want to try out the Ryzen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes