Upgrading Lenovo ThinkCentre M720q Tiny

Jun Ho Bae

Jun 19, 2019
Visit site
Found Cale's series of post on upgrading Lenovo ThinkCentre M720q Tiny to be super helpful. I am thinking about building a high performance tiny desktop for my home office. I intend to upgrade both SSD and RAM on my own for my dual monitor set up. I am new to building my own computer so I wanted to get some help along the way. Any advice on the below question would be super helpful!
- How should I set up my custom criteria when ordering M720q Tiny from Lenovo ordering page? To give some background: I want to upgrade storage and RAM, dual screen setup, bluetooth enabled, and want to minimize any wastage of parts (for instance thinking to keep the 4GB Memory and add a secondary memory).

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Found Cale's series of post on upgrading Lenovo ThinkCentre M720q Tiny to be super helpful. I am thinking about building a high performance tiny desktop for my home office. I intend to upgrade both SSD and RAM on my own for my dual monitor set up. I am new to building my own computer so I wanted to get some help along the way. Any advice on the below question would be super helpful!
- How should I set up my custom criteria when ordering M720q Tiny from Lenovo ordering page? To give some background: I want to upgrade storage and RAM, dual screen setup, bluetooth enabled, and want to minimize any wastage of parts (for instance thinking to keep the 4GB Memory and add a secondary memory).

What were you going to be using this for? What is your budget to spend? Depending on how much, you might be able to build your own PC from the ground up, instead of using a unit like this. If you custom build, you get everything you want, with little to no compromises.

junhobae90

Jun 24, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for the reply!
I am trying to use it as a home office desktop mainly for number crunching and some leisurely gaming. I do want it to be a Tiny computer given my nature to travel frequently.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks man! will definitely take a look at this

I'd check out a few build videos, and hopefully you can find some around this case. Watch like 3 or 4 if you can find them. The more you watch, or even the same one several times, will make the first build process easier.

If you want, you can post a video here, quote me (so I will see the reply), and I can check it our for you too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3