Found Cale's series of post on upgrading Lenovo ThinkCentre M720q Tiny to be super helpful. I am thinking about building a high performance tiny desktop for my home office. I intend to upgrade both SSD and RAM on my own for my dual monitor set up. I am new to building my own computer so I wanted to get some help along the way. Any advice on the below question would be super helpful!
    - How should I set up my custom criteria when ordering M720q Tiny from Lenovo ordering page? To give some background: I want to upgrade storage and RAM, dual screen setup, bluetooth enabled, and want to minimize any wastage of parts (for instance thinking to keep the 4GB Memory and add a secondary memory).
    06-19-2019 02:50 AM
    Found Cale's series of post on upgrading Lenovo ThinkCentre M720q Tiny to be super helpful. I am thinking about building a high performance tiny desktop for my home office. I intend to upgrade both SSD and RAM on my own for my dual monitor set up. I am new to building my own computer so I wanted to get some help along the way. Any advice on the below question would be super helpful!
    - How should I set up my custom criteria when ordering M720q Tiny from Lenovo ordering page? To give some background: I want to upgrade storage and RAM, dual screen setup, bluetooth enabled, and want to minimize any wastage of parts (for instance thinking to keep the 4GB Memory and add a secondary memory).
    What were you going to be using this for? What is your budget to spend? Depending on how much, you might be able to build your own PC from the ground up, instead of using a unit like this. If you custom build, you get everything you want, with little to no compromises.
    06-19-2019 07:52 AM
    Thanks for the reply!
    I am trying to use it as a home office desktop mainly for number crunching and some leisurely gaming. I do want it to be a Tiny computer given my nature to travel frequently.
    06-23-2019 10:52 PM
    Thinking to build one around USD 1000
    06-23-2019 10:53 PM
    Thinking to build one around USD 1000
    Quick built this on PCPartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mv8fNQ

You could go even more slim, but the thinner you make the case, the harder it is to work with. At least with a cube, you have a little room to work with cables.

Edit: I also came about $250 under budget.
    06-24-2019 09:15 AM
    Thanks man! will definitely take a look at this
    06-25-2019 08:34 PM
    Thanks man! will definitely take a look at this
    I'd check out a few build videos, and hopefully you can find some around this case. Watch like 3 or 4 if you can find them. The more you watch, or even the same one several times, will make the first build process easier.

If you want, you can post a video here, quote me (so I will see the reply), and I can check it our for you too.
    06-27-2019 08:59 AM