Should I Get An Ultrabook Or Gaming Laptop

Fatfox G

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I'm a proud owner of Surface Pro 6 (i5 8th Gen/128GB with type cover and pen) which I got as a replacement of SP4 - Thanks to flickergate ;) . I mostly use it for watching videos and for reading purpose (knowing I can go much further than this).

Being a software engineer, I use my old HP Pavilion 15 (i5 6th Gen dual core/8 GB/2 GB Geforce 940MX) for programming purpose and rarely casual gaming (got a gaming pc for this). Since this laptop is now over 3 years old and given the fact that SP6 is much more powerful than this, I'm considering a new laptop.

Right now I have only HP in my mind (family's 6th HP laptop) and I'm little confused between a mediocre gaming laptop or HP Envy 13(AQ1019TX).

Can you guys please let me know your thoughts - Should I get Envy 13 (or something similar) even after owning SP6 or go for a little powerful but bulky machine.

I won't be doing any serious gaming on the laptop and I want it to be a bit future proof (should at least last for 3-4 years or so) - Will be mainly using it for a couple of IDEs. At the price of Envy 13, I can easily get a mid-high spec gaming laptop with Core i7 and GTX1650.

Any suggestion will be helpful! Thanks in advance and a happy new year!!

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Can you guys please let me know your thoughts - Should I get Envy 13 (or something similar) even after owning SP6 or go for a little powerful but bulky machine.
, Happy new year. Don't get the Envy 13, since everything you can do on the Envy you can do on the Pro 6. If you want something different for work, get a 15 inch or 17 inch laptop. That will give you generally more ports and way more screen estate for work (the latter really makes a difference for productivity unless you always have an extra monitor). If low weight / portability is important for you check the LG gram 15/17 inch laptops or the Surface Laptop 3 15 inch (the latter has meh port selection though but the screen is great).

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
A bigger screen might be more beneficial. Especially if you need to split it to view your code and watch how it works at the same time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett