07-22-2014 10:56 AM
230 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Should I get this Acer Aspire V3-772G or Get a Surface Pro

The Acer is big and bulky and a little ugly but powerful

where as the Surface Pro is sexy but lacking specs

unless anyone can find a better laptop the specs I care about are RAM, Screen res, Processor
    I can upgrade the HDD

Thoughts?
    07-30-2013 07:41 AM
    Should I get this Acer Aspire V3-772G or Get a Surface Pro

The Acer is big and bulky and a little ugly but powerful

where as the Surface Pro is sexy but lacking specs

unless anyone can find a better laptop the specs I care about are RAM, Screen res, Processor
    I can upgrade the HDD

Thoughts?
    That looks like a beast of a laptop. If you don't care about having a tablet experience I would stick with the Acer. The upgraded processor and dedicated GPU make it a much more attractive buy.
    07-30-2013 07:49 AM
    That looks like a beast of a laptop. If you don't care about having a tablet experience I would stick with the Acer. The upgraded processor and dedicated GPU make it a much more attractive buy.
    I know I was thinking of changing the HDD to a 7200 rpm also so there was no bottle neck
    07-30-2013 10:17 AM
    Be careful, it's no longer peaceful on the server ;-)
    07-31-2013 02:27 PM
    To keep the Endermen away in The End, I made a few iron golems. However this prove to be too expensive and wasteful. Each iron golem requires 4 iron blocks (36 iron ingots) + 1 pumpkin block and they do die since an Enderman will return back the attack of a golem. I found out there is an easier way to keep the Endermen away; snow golems! Snow golems will attack an Enderman with snowballs but the Enderman does not fight back so they won't die. Each snow golem require 2 snow blocks + 1 pumpkin block to make. Pumpkins are renewable resources as you can grow them. You can also easily get snow and the snow golem will leave a trail of snow as they move around that you can collect and make more. Thus Snow golems are practically free! As long as you don't mind their snow trail.

snowarmy.jpg

Army of 64 snow golems keeping the Endermen away
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    07-31-2013 06:03 PM
    To keep the Endermen away in The End, I made a few iron golems. However this prove to be too expensive and wasteful. Each iron golem requires 4 iron blocks (36 iron ingots) + 1 pumpkin block and they do die since an Enderman will return back the attack of a golem. I found out there is an easier way to keep the Endermen away; snow golems! Snow golems will attack an Enderman with snowballs but the Enderman does not fight back so they won't die. Each snow golem require 2 snow blocks + 1 pumpkin block to make. Pumpkins are renewable resources as you can grow them. You can also easily get snow and the snow golem will leave a trail of snow as they move around that you can collect and make more. Thus Snow golems are practically free! As long as you don't mind their snow trail.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SnowArmy.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	38743

Army of 64 snow golems keeping the Endermen away
    why would you want to live in the ugly End
    08-01-2013 05:10 AM
    why would you want to live in the ugly End
    Haha, I would say it's bleak rather than ugly. It's quiet though and I do like those tall looming obsidian towers. No way can I built those in Survival mode. Since the Enderdragon is already dead, it would be a waste of space not to try to transform into a place that people may want to visit some time. Plus with the snow golems easily getting rid of the Endermans, there are no other mobs here to worry about so you can freely experiment with stuff in the open.

endforest.jpg

The End is now a lot more greener.
    08-01-2013 06:25 AM
    Haha, I would say it's bleak rather than ugly. It's quiet though and I do like those tall looming obsidian towers. No way can I built those in Survival mode. Since the Enderdragon is already dead, it would be a waste of space not to try to transform into a place that people may want to visit some time. Plus with the snow golems easily getting rid of the Endermans, there are no other mobs here to worry about so you can freely experiment with stuff in the open.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EndForest.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	38774

The End is now a lot more greener.
    I get ya, although i'm not very good at playing on single player.. I love playing online, I had this one server I found with some chilled out people on it no greifers, no fights, not too many people, no lag.. it was like single player but you had like 10 people doing their own thing

Then the admin had to go and shut down the server :(
    08-01-2013 06:39 AM
    Then the admin had to go and shut down the server :(
    Yea that happens quite often. When you invested so much time to mine and build all the stuff and then they just shut it down and you lose everything, it sucks. If for some reason I can no longer continue paying for the server, I would allow the players to download the world before closing it so they have an option to continue it on another server if they wish. On the other hand sometimes players just get bored with the existing world and wants to start a new one anyway.
    08-01-2013 07:08 AM
    Thanks for the thread I to love minecraft. Though I'm still noob sauce lol. Definitely would love to check it out. My name is angeluswrath.

Also does anyone know if they plan on making a official minecraft for WP?
    08-01-2013 07:09 AM
    Thanks for the thread I to love minecraft. Though I'm still noob sauce lol. Definitely would love to check it out. My name is angeluswrath.

Also does anyone know if they plan on making a official minecraft for WP?
    Ok I have added you to the whitelist.Server IP is 176.31.13.7 Welcome! :) Not sure whether we'll get Minecraft on WP but since its already on Xbox 360 and the Xbox one will be getting it as well, I'm sure Microsoft can work something out with Mojang if they wanted to but you'll never know what's going on in those "Microslow" people's heads.
    08-01-2013 07:36 AM
    I need to get back building the secret!
    08-05-2013 04:29 AM
    Never played minecraft, but this thread has me seriously considering checking it out! I will request a white list if I do
    08-05-2013 05:15 AM
    Never played minecraft, but this thread has me seriously considering checking it out! I will request a white list if I do
    Minecraft is fun but vanilla Minecraft gets very boring quickly. IMO
    08-05-2013 05:45 AM
    Minecraft is fun but vanilla Minecraft gets very boring quickly. IMO
    you know it can be especially in a drought of not finding important resources. However its very rewarding to be digging and that block of diamond or Redstone pops up 😊 maybe you will find it more if you were playing with some wpcentral friends?
    08-05-2013 09:55 AM
    you know it can be especially in a drought of not finding important resources. However its very rewarding to be digging and that block of diamond or Redstone pops up maybe you will find it more if you were playing with some wpcentral friends?
    Maybe but it doesn't feel like it goes anywhere if you know what I mean, modded minecraft has so much that it can do
    08-06-2013 04:41 AM
    Hmm...decided to try it out, but it won't run. Getting a Java error, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x5b30b60e, pid=8456, tid=6392. Ran a search, and there are other complaints about it, but no answers. Oh well, maybe wasted $26.
    08-06-2013 08:56 AM
    Hmm...decided to try it out, but it won't run. Getting a Java error, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x5b30b60e, pid=8456, tid=6392. Ran a search, and there are other complaints about it, but no answers. Oh well, maybe wasted $26.
    64-bit machine?
    08-06-2013 08:57 AM
    64-bit machine?
    Yeah, Surface Pro
    08-06-2013 09:06 AM
    Yeah, Surface Pro
    64-bit version of Java?
    ParoleGA likes this.
    08-06-2013 09:07 AM
    64-bit version of Java?
    Ahh, will have to dig in. DLed from the link, but I think it is 32 bit.

Update: That was it. Thanks!
    08-06-2013 09:09 AM
    Ahh, will have to dig in. DLed from the link, but I think it is 32 bit.

Update: That was it. Thanks!
    Awesome enjoy :)
    08-06-2013 10:02 AM
    Hi everyone. I have a decision to make and I need your input. Besides Survival, I want to have a separate Creative world and also make or play Minecraft adventure maps. However with the small number of players that we have at the moment, I have to consider whether it's worth the cost to get a separate Minecraft server if there's going to be only a few players on the server at any time. Another choice would be to allocate some time off the current Survival server to switch to the Creative world or custom maps since we can't be playing on two worlds on two separate servers at the same time anyway. What do you think? Should I setup a separate server or just switch between worlds on the one server? And if you choose the later, what and how many days or hours should I allocate that will be appropriate for you? Thanks.
    08-06-2013 08:31 PM
    In the past months, thanks to our Minecraft member Dahui623 who has made a long trek across leagues of nothing but empty ocean and found a large continent to the south that has lush green land and wild roaming horses. He has painstakingly built a long tunnel in the Netherworld to facilitate faster travel to the new continent. However it would need to you to move across more than 2000 blocks to reach the other side. So the good news is I have finally completed a railway system that will make it easier and faster for you to travel there if you wish to mine and built far far away from civilization. Many thanks to member bighotdogtime for helping me find, collect and craft rails from many abandoned mines. You can find the entrance to the railway system further up from Dahui623's tunnel. The tunnel also connects to the railway system at the -500, -1000, -1600+ and -2000+ X coordinates.

southernrailway.jpg

Railway to Southern Content

Okay, now for something unrelated to the railway system. In the community shelter, there are two chests near the main entrance. I called these as the Discard Chests. They are general purpose containers to store or share stuff that you do not want anymore. You can put and take anything you want from these chests without having to craft them or take resources from the community store room. From time to time, I'll will reorganize their contents and move some of the stuff to the store room so just leave those extra resources in the chest and I'll get to it later. If you wish to use the furnaces but they already contain some stuff left by others, you can move the stuff into the discard chests.

discardchests.jpg

The discard chests

Okay that's all. Bye-bye until next time.
    Last edited by Bee Mon; 08-07-2013 at 10:55 AM.
    08-07-2013 10:44 AM
    Hi everyone. I have a decision to make and I need your input. Besides Survival, I want to have a separate Creative world and also make or play Minecraft adventure maps. However with the small number of players that we have at the moment, I have to consider whether it's worth the cost to get a separate Minecraft server if there's going to be only a few players on the server at any time. Another choice would be to allocate some time off the current Survival server to switch to the Creative world or custom maps since we can't be playing on two worlds on two separate servers at the same time anyway. What do you think? Should I setup a separate server or just switch between worlds on the one server? And if you choose the later, what and how many days or hours should I allocate that will be appropriate for you? Thanks.
    No need for a second server. I think taking a few days during the week to switch over to a creative (or other) server would be fine. Are you interested in playing adventure maps with other people?
    08-08-2013 06:25 AM
230 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD