Minecraft Anyone?

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Should I get this Acer Aspire V3-772G or Get a Surface Pro

The Acer is big and bulky and a little ugly but powerful

where as the Surface Pro is sexy but lacking specs

unless anyone can find a better laptop the specs I care about are RAM, Screen res, Processor
I can upgrade the HDD

Thoughts?

DaHui623

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Should I get this Acer Aspire V3-772G or Get a Surface Pro

The Acer is big and bulky and a little ugly but powerful

where as the Surface Pro is sexy but lacking specs

unless anyone can find a better laptop the specs I care about are RAM, Screen res, Processor
I can upgrade the HDD

Thoughts?

That looks like a beast of a laptop. If you don't care about having a tablet experience I would stick with the Acer. The upgraded processor and dedicated GPU make it a much more attractive buy.

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
That looks like a beast of a laptop. If you don't care about having a tablet experience I would stick with the Acer. The upgraded processor and dedicated GPU make it a much more attractive buy.

I know I was thinking of changing the HDD to a 7200 rpm also so there was no bottle neck

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
To keep the Endermen away in The End, I made a few iron golems. However this prove to be too expensive and wasteful. Each iron golem requires 4 iron blocks (36 iron ingots) + 1 pumpkin block and they do die since an Enderman will return back the attack of a golem. I found out there is an easier way to keep the Endermen away; snow golems! Snow golems will attack an Enderman with snowballs but the Enderman does not fight back so they won't die. Each snow golem require 2 snow blocks + 1 pumpkin block to make. Pumpkins are renewable resources as you can grow them. You can also easily get snow and the snow golem will leave a trail of snow as they move around that you can collect and make more. Thus Snow golems are practically free! As long as you don't mind their snow trail.

SnowArmy.jpg

Army of 64 snow golems keeping the Endermen away

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
To keep the Endermen away in The End, I made a few iron golems. However this prove to be too expensive and wasteful. Each iron golem requires 4 iron blocks (36 iron ingots) + 1 pumpkin block and they do die since an Enderman will return back the attack of a golem. I found out there is an easier way to keep the Endermen away; snow golems! Snow golems will attack an Enderman with snowballs but the Enderman does not fight back so they won't die. Each snow golem require 2 snow blocks + 1 pumpkin block to make. Pumpkins are renewable resources as you can grow them. You can also easily get snow and the snow golem will leave a trail of snow as they move around that you can collect and make more. Thus Snow golems are practically free! As long as you don't mind their snow trail.

View attachment 38743

Army of 64 snow golems keeping the Endermen away

why would you want to live in the ugly End

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
why would you want to live in the ugly End

Haha, I would say it's bleak rather than ugly. It's quiet though and I do like those tall looming obsidian towers. No way can I built those in Survival mode. Since the Enderdragon is already dead, it would be a waste of space not to try to transform into a place that people may want to visit some time. Plus with the snow golems easily getting rid of the Endermans, there are no other mobs here to worry about so you can freely experiment with stuff in the open.

EndForest.jpg

The End is now a lot more greener.

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Haha, I would say it's bleak rather than ugly. It's quiet though and I do like those tall looming obsidian towers. No way can I built those in Survival mode. Since the Enderdragon is already dead, it would be a waste of space not to try to transform into a place that people may want to visit some time. Plus with the snow golems easily getting rid of the Endermans, there are no other mobs here to worry about so you can freely experiment with stuff in the open.

View attachment 38774

The End is now a lot more greener.

I get ya, although i'm not very good at playing on single player.. I love playing online, I had this one server I found with some chilled out people on it no greifers, no fights, not too many people, no lag.. it was like single player but you had like 10 people doing their own thing

Then the admin had to go and shut down the server :(

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Then the admin had to go and shut down the server :(

Yea that happens quite often. When you invested so much time to mine and build all the stuff and then they just shut it down and you lose everything, it sucks. If for some reason I can no longer continue paying for the server, I would allow the players to download the world before closing it so they have an option to continue it on another server if they wish. On the other hand sometimes players just get bored with the existing world and wants to start a new one anyway.

jonathan sink

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the thread I to love minecraft. Though I'm still noob sauce lol. Definitely would love to check it out. My name is angeluswrath.

Also does anyone know if they plan on making a official minecraft for WP?

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the thread I to love minecraft. Though I'm still noob sauce lol. Definitely would love to check it out. My name is angeluswrath.

Also does anyone know if they plan on making a official minecraft for WP?

Ok I have added you to the whitelist.Server IP is 176.31.13.7 Welcome! :) Not sure whether we'll get Minecraft on WP but since its already on Xbox 360 and the Xbox one will be getting it as well, I'm sure Microsoft can work something out with Mojang if they wanted to but you'll never know what's going on in those "Microslow" people's heads.

ParoleGA

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Never played minecraft, but this thread has me seriously considering checking it out! I will request a white list if I do :smile:

jonathan sink

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Minecraft is fun but vanilla Minecraft gets very boring quickly. IMO

you know it can be especially in a drought of not finding important resources. However its very rewarding to be digging and that block of diamond or Redstone pops up 😊 maybe you will find it more if you were playing with some wpcentral friends?

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
you know it can be especially in a drought of not finding important resources. However its very rewarding to be digging and that block of diamond or Redstone pops up �� maybe you will find it more if you were playing with some wpcentral friends?

Maybe but it doesn't feel like it goes anywhere if you know what I mean, modded minecraft has so much that it can do

ParoleGA

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Hmm...decided to try it out, but it won't run. Getting a Java error, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x5b30b60e, pid=8456, tid=6392. Ran a search, and there are other complaints about it, but no answers. Oh well, maybe wasted $26.

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Hmm...decided to try it out, but it won't run. Getting a Java error, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x5b30b60e, pid=8456, tid=6392. Ran a search, and there are other complaints about it, but no answers. Oh well, maybe wasted $26.

64-bit machine?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise