Minecraft Anyone?

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone. I have a decision to make and I need your input. Besides Survival, I want to have a separate Creative world and also make or play Minecraft adventure maps. However with the small number of players that we have at the moment, I have to consider whether it's worth the cost to get a separate Minecraft server if there's going to be only a few players on the server at any time. Another choice would be to allocate some time off the current Survival server to switch to the Creative world or custom maps since we can't be playing on two worlds on two separate servers at the same time anyway. What do you think? Should I setup a separate server or just switch between worlds on the one server? And if you choose the later, what and how many days or hours should I allocate that will be appropriate for you? Thanks.

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
In the past months, thanks to our Minecraft member Dahui623 who has made a long trek across leagues of nothing but empty ocean and found a large continent to the south that has lush green land and wild roaming horses. He has painstakingly built a long tunnel in the Netherworld to facilitate faster travel to the new continent. However it would need to you to move across more than 2000 blocks to reach the other side. So the good news is I have finally completed a railway system that will make it easier and faster for you to travel there if you wish to mine and built far far away from civilization. Many thanks to member bighotdogtime for helping me find, collect and craft rails from many abandoned mines. You can find the entrance to the railway system further up from Dahui623's tunnel. The tunnel also connects to the railway system at the -500, -1000, -1600+ and -2000+ X coordinates.

SouthernRailway.jpg

Railway to Southern Content

Okay, now for something unrelated to the railway system. In the community shelter, there are two chests near the main entrance. I called these as the Discard Chests. They are general purpose containers to store or share stuff that you do not want anymore. You can put and take anything you want from these chests without having to craft them or take resources from the community store room. From time to time, I'll will reorganize their contents and move some of the stuff to the store room so just leave those extra resources in the chest and I'll get to it later. If you wish to use the furnaces but they already contain some stuff left by others, you can move the stuff into the discard chests.

DiscardChests.jpg

The discard chests

Okay that's all. Bye-bye until next time.

Last edited:

DaHui623

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone. I have a decision to make and I need your input. Besides Survival, I want to have a separate Creative world and also make or play Minecraft adventure maps. However with the small number of players that we have at the moment, I have to consider whether it's worth the cost to get a separate Minecraft server if there's going to be only a few players on the server at any time. Another choice would be to allocate some time off the current Survival server to switch to the Creative world or custom maps since we can't be playing on two worlds on two separate servers at the same time anyway. What do you think? Should I setup a separate server or just switch between worlds on the one server? And if you choose the later, what and how many days or hours should I allocate that will be appropriate for you? Thanks.

No need for a second server. I think taking a few days during the week to switch over to a creative (or other) server would be fine. Are you interested in playing adventure maps with other people?

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone! Been trekking in the opposite direction for the past few days and here's what I found. There's a Mooshroom Island closer than the ones I found before. However I did not have enough materials at the time to make a portal but will do so when I return back. Coordinates are x:6901 z:35.

Mooshroom.jpg

Way further on I found a grassland area with many white and black horses. I decided to make a shelter here and you can fast travel to this location through the nether. Still a long journey though but I will start extending the railway system in the nether to this location soon.

NewShelter.jpg

I also finally found our first witches' hut on our map! I took the following screenshot from quite a distance away. I have yet to explore it or seen a witch around the area. Coordinates are x:22325 z:-333. I may check it out when I return back from my long journey.

WitchHut.jpg

Till next time, bye-bye!

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, I will be switching to a new Creative world temporarily every Tuesday / Wednesday. The Survival server will be on other days. I will always do a full backup before I switch servers so nothing will be lost. You can see what world is on by the name. All players are ops in this world. Do anything you want and feel free to experiment. If you want to reserve an area, post the coordinates here so others will not accidently build on your land. Have fun crafting!

index.php

UPDATE: I now have a separate Survival server so Creative Server is now online 24/7 !!

Last edited:

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, the Survival server is back on. Anyway I find switching between worlds on one server is probably not the best so I will be probably running the Creative world in the future on a separate server. Cheers :)

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I am amazed at the work some of you do on this game....I have Minecraft but haven't been able to get into it enough to fully understand everything.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
My computer is having troubles connecting to your server. It will say "logging on" and then "Disconnected by Server. Took too long to log in"

When I entered your server info into Minecraft, the network bars on it showed 1/5. Any suggestions?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I was able to connect finally, but I was getting stuttering fairly often. Is there any reason you would be having a bad connection on your end?

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I was able to connect finally, but I was getting stuttering fairly often. Is there any reason you would be having a bad connection on your end?

Where are you connecting from? The server is in France but so far nobody has complained to me about server lag. I'm connecting from Asia and I also get 1/5 bars most of the time but it's still working pretty fine on my side. I'm going to sign up another server in a few days. I'll probably run it on a different location. If it turns out better for you and everyone else, I'll move the world to the new server.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
where are you connecting from? The server is in france but so far nobody has complained to me about server lag. I'm connecting from asia and i also get 1/5 bars most of the time but it's still working pretty fine on my side. I'm going to sign up another server in a few days. I'll probably run it on a different location. If it turns out better for you and everyone else, i'll move the world to the new server.

usa

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, I have just registered a new server because I want to run a Creative world as well. However rather than using the new server to run the Creative world, I am moving the Survival world to the new server and use the old server to run the Creative world instead. So the Survival world is currently offline until the migration has complete which should not take more than a couple of hours. The previous Survival world server was in France while the new one is now in US. I hope the new server will provide a better experience but if members generally find that this is not the case, I will move the world back to the previous server. I will temporarily run the Creative world on the old server but if things work out better on US servers, I will switch the Creative world to a US server as well later. Cheers!

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Bee mon is it expensive to have a server?

Well that depends on how many players you allow to be online at the same time. You can get a server at as low as $2 a month for about 4-8 players while running a 100 player server can set you back around $50. Also for low price packages you may not get a dedicated IP address, a free web site and access to a SQL database for use with plugins on modded Minecraft servers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb