Minecraft Anyone?

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Feel free to post any questions here. We were all noobs too once upon a time :)
If you don't mind reading here's the complete tutorial Tutorials - Minecraft Wiki
Me and the guys can guide you online if you join our multiplayer server.
It's easier to survive on our Survival server since we already have a shelter, food and tools
On our Creative server, there are no monsters so it's much easier there to learn the game mechanics.

Thanks, I've added your server and will join in soonish, btw I also make youtube videos of me playing games if that's ok

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I've added your server and will join in soonish, btw I also make youtube videos of me playing games if that's ok

The servers are whitelist enabled so you need to PM me your Minecraft ID so I can add you to the whitelist or you won't be able to login! Yes, feel free to record your gameplays, just let the other players who are online with you know that you're about to begin recording.

Our Servers:
Survival server - beemonsurvival.mymc.io
Creative server - beemoncreative.mymc.ico
Adventure server - beemonadventure.mymc.ico

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Super Hostile #14 Waking Up
Adventure Map Game Status Report

We are still at Intersection 1 and have built a new shelter here.

Intersection1.jpg

We have completed "Grove of Shhhrooms" and retrieved the orange wool.

OrangeWool.jpg

We currently have 2 wools (White and orange) and 2 books (Chapter 1 and Chapter 2).

Achievement.jpg

We have amassed a bit of stuff. Will use this to build a commemoration when we win this game.

SpoilsOfWar.jpg

The task we're tackling now is "We All Float". I have secured access to the water hole.

AllWeFloatSecured.jpg

I've also looted all the chests in the room. Looks like we're going diving guys.

AllWeFloatGear.jpg

Wish us luck!

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Super Hostile #14 - Waking Up

Since the last report we have been doing the "Boomer Castle" mission instead. It was mostly simple except for the Library where the combination of cave spider and silverfish spawners were almost impossible to overcome until we found the hidden cave spider spawners under some bookcases and destroyed them. Tip to those who will be playing this later, you must close off the Library from the adjoining room which has an elaborate cave spider spawn system. Be careful when you hear a railway in that room. We're now at the last leg of this mission and it looks like we'll have to make our way through a gauntlet of spawners to reach the wool. The question is do we go above, below or run straight through?

SpawnerGauntlet.jpg

"The Spawner Gauntlet of Certain Death"

Last edited:

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site

"Boomer Castle" and "We All Float" completed! This also completes Intersection 1!
We have also made our way to the Peaceful Cavern where the Victory Monument is located.
This is now our home base. There is dirt and plenty of coal, iron and sand in the nearby area.
Resources is no longer an issue and there is a rail system that allows us to travel back
to intersection 1.

PeacefulCavern.jpg

We have now have four wools (White, Orange, Magenta and Light Blue) and three chapters (1, 2 and 7).
We have place the wools on the Victory Monument as you can see below. Still a lot more to go!

VictoryMonument.jpg

A path leads from the cavern to Intersection 2. We have already made a shelter here.

IntersectionShelter.jpg

The missions in Intersection 2 are "Blast Arrow Castle", "Helix Caverns" and "Legion Halls".
Probably we should take the later two first as anything with the "Blast" word in it doesn't sound good.

Intersection2.jpg

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site

We now have the Lime wool from Helix Caverns and the Gray wool from Helix Depths in the caverns. They are actually much simpler than the Boomer Castle library + gauntlet, once you figured out the right strategy. The path to Intersection 3 has also been located in Helix Caverns. We've also found Chapters 5, 10 and 11 along the way.

Chapter10.jpg

Chapter 10 - Behind a secret wall

GreenWool.jpg

Green wool on the victory monument

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site

Found the last pink wool so Intersection 2 is now completed! Also found Chapter 8 and Chapter 9. Have not found Chapter 3 and 6 yet so may have to back track to Intersection 1 to try to locate them before moving on. Overall I found Intersection 1 more fun than Intersection 2. Intersection 1 is more difficult with the lack of resources, well thought out and interesting locations and good mob challenges like the gauntlet. Intersection 2 is just bigger locations with more spawners. It's not difficult but boring because it's area after the area of the same. And they have to give you loads of resources since the locations are so huge it's impossible to complete without them. No more of the fun trying to get to a block of dirt, coal or iron anymore. Smaller better planned, interesting and unique locations would have been much better. Intersection 3 seems to be all about spiders. If it's just more cave spider spawners and the same-o same-o bigger and bigger caverns and castles, I'll probably not continue. Probably building a rail system from Intersection 2 to 3 will be more interesting and fun that completing it.

Doggies.jpg

This is possibly the only reason to play Intersection 2.

UPDATE: Building a railway system connecting Intersection 2 and 3. I've already tunneled between the points and will begin laying down the 500+ rails soon. This would make it easier for us to move our resources to the new point.

UPDATE #2: Railway completed!

Last edited:

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, the creative server (beemoncreative.mymc.io) is now a bukkit server.
The latest WorldEdit plugin has already been installed on the server.
Have fun! Bye-bye!

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Vechs Super Hostile 14 - Waking Up

Intersection 3 completed! This intersection has three areas; The Nest, Frozen Venom and We All Burn where the last area also leads to Intersection 4. This intersection is definitely less boring than the previous one. Frozen Venom is especially interesting as it is a cavern made mostly of ice and snow which is not currently a natural biome in Minecraft but one that should be added. You can almost feel the imaginary cold just wandering in this area.

I also did some backtracking back to Intersection 1 to find the missing Chapters 3 and 6. Chapter 3 can be found in the Grove of Shhhrooms while Chapter 6 is located in the underwater cavern of We All Float. I'm not going to give you the exact location as to not spoil the game for you but here's a couple of hints. In the Grove, look for areas that have blocks that don't naturally exist in the overworld. In the All We Float cavern, look around the darkest areas of the cavern to see an opening on the sea bed.

Chapter3.jpg

Chapter 3 underground in the Grove

Chapter6.jpg

Chapter 6 inside a underwater maze of tunnels.

Chapter6Entrance.jpg

Entrance to underwater tunnels.

We have now Chapters 1-14. We've added three more wools to the Victory monument; Light Gray, Cyan and Purple. Wools are not difficult to locate in The Nest and We All Burn since they are out in the open and all you need to do is to survive long enough to get to them. Frozen Venom is much harder as you need to walk around the entire area to set off large explosions that opens up new area to explore. Follow the explosions and notice small areas that are brighter than their surrounding.

LightedArea.jpg

An unusually lighted area in Frozen Venom.

FrozenVenom.jpg

Charged creepers guarding the wool in Frozen Venom.

Victory3.jpg

14 chapters and 11 wools found.

We have yet to begin exploring Intersection 4. The three areas in the new intersection are Inventory Wipe Horror Festival, Missing Sand and Deathshallow Ruins. At the moment we are still building a shelter in the new intersection and moving stuff in from Intersection 3 and building a new farm. I have just completed the railway system from Intersection 3 to 4 so this should make the transition to the new intersection faster.

Intersection4.jpg

Intersection 4

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Super Hostile 14 - Waking Up

Intersection 4 is complete with only the black wool, chapter 20 and a diamond block to go. I think all of this will be in the Netherworld that you can access through a portal in the Inventory Wipe Horror Festival area. In fact this area was one of the most easiest to complete in Intersection 4. All you need to go around the room level by level destroying the nearly 100 Ghast spawners and then you can easily pillar your way to the fleecy box bypassing all the other spawners encased in obsidian blocks. The walls of the room is entirely glowstones which is not Ghast proof so you'll need to have a lot of stone bricks with you and replace the glowstones with the bricks as you move behind them in case the Ghast spots you. You can also mine the stone and nether bricks behind the glowstones so carry lots of pickaxes with you. The Netherworld portal can be then be found at the back of the room.

HorrorFestival.jpg

Making the room safe from Ghasts in Horror Festival before accessing the fleecy box

The worst area in Intersection 4 is Missing Sand where sand and glass is holding up lava in the ceiling. It started easy enough as you go through corridors of sand. Block off each corridor, light the area with glowstones (plenty available from Horror Festival) or torches and get rid of Creeper spawners from behind the blockade. However if a Creeper blows up, it will take the whole corridor with it and sand will fall covering the entire corridor. You can still dig through the sand but remember above the sand is lava so you need to replace the ceiling with a solid block as you remove the sand. However you need to avoid a second explosion or otherwise all the sand will be destroyed letting lava pour down from the ceiling. This is wicked. If this happens, you have to make your way around the lava as it is almost impossible to pillar through it. It was rough but we still managed to locate chapter 19 and the wool in the end. Tip is to always listen for mob sounds to discover the path through the collapsed corridors.

Chapter19.jpg

MissingSand.jpg

Chapter 19 and wool in Missing Sand

The final area in Intersection 4 was Deathshallow Ruins. This is very easy as you just need to pillar through three areas; Deathshallow, Lower Deathshallow and Upper Deathshallow. Even though path to Deathshallow and Lower Deathshallow is underwater you can just dig through the walls if you know the direction. There are 3 chapters and two wools in this area. The chapter and wool in Lower Deathshallow is below ground and accessible through a watery path. If you know where they are, you can also just dig down. A plethora of spawners are around and some of them are below chests. Just do some suicide runs to take them out. Once the visible spawners have been taken care of, watch for mobs spawning to discover a few hidden underground spawners. Upper Deathshallow can be completed by pillaring through a ruined castle. Always look up through open walkways to see lighted areas above you to know where to go next.

LowerDeathshallow.jpg

Underground fleecy box in Lower Deathshallow ruins

Upper Deathshallow will exit to a hidden railway intersection that will connect Intersection 4 back to the Peaceful Caverns where the Victory Monument is. We've actually discovered the railway earlier by digging around Intersection 4.

DeathshallowRails.jpg

Rail exit at Victory Monument from Upper Deathshallow and Intersection 4

The only place left in Intersection 4 is the Netherworld. I believe this will take us to the end and the place where we can find the missing pieces for the Victory Monument; black wool, diamond block and chapter 20. We have already went through the portal and it looks very tough and needs considerable planning. Hopefully the amount of stuff that we have amassed so far will help us get through it. For the next couple of sessions, we will be mostly moving stuff near or into the Netherworld and create a big enough safe house around the portal before we tackle this area. That's all and bye-bye for now.

VictoryIsNear.jpg

Victory monument is near complete

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Super Hostile 14 - Waking Up

We've have found the last wool (black), the 20th chapter and constructed the diamond block! All this can be found in the Netherworld that you can enter through the portal in Horror Festival. This completes our victory monument!

Victory1.jpg

Victory monument completed

However the game is not completed yet. We still have not reach the end yet. There is a railway in the Netherworld that will probably take us there but I need to be able to come back to transport the stuff that we have collected to the end and build our own custom victory monument there to house the blocks and books.

IsThisTheEnd.jpg

Railway to the end?

So we will still continue this map and making a safe passage from Intersection 4 to the railway. When we reach the end, we'll construct a new victory monument in the Overworld that connects back to the spawn of the map. We'll not delete the map from the server and leave it online until the next adventure map we'll play. Meanwhile anyone can come in and read the 20 chapters of Waking Up we found.

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Since Minecraft 1.6.4 is not compatible with 1.6.2, I have updated all the Bukkit servers to use the 1.6.4 API. Technically the Bukkit servers are still running 1.6.2 but has been updated to allow 1.6.4 clients to still connect to the servers. However I did see an issue after updating where no mobs are not spawning but I have no idea if this is caused by the server update or because of a server crash. I still see mobs on the Survival server but not on the Adventure server. Since we have already completed Super Hostile 14, this problem is not a concern for that map. If this problem persists on a new map, we'll not be able to play any further adventure maps until it has been resolved.

In other news, I will be starting to write my own server plugin soon, possibly at the beginning to mid of November. If anyone is interested, I will write a complete tutorial on making your own Bukkit server plugins here in a WPCentral forum. I'll be using the NetBeans IDE and Java to write the plugins. You should be able to follow the tutorial if you know Java. For those that only knows C#, I can provide a conversion guide for existing developers within my tutorials but I will not have the time to provide full Java programming training for beginners. I may consider doing programming tutorials here in the future as I have just too many other projects to work on at the moment. I am currently working with a few developers to complete at least 4 WP projects before December.

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, it's been a while since my last update. Truth is I had not been spending much time in Minecraft lately. This is because I'm currently too busy trying to help complete some WP projects before Christmas. I love to share details with you all about these projects but not at the moment as I won't be able to respond back to queries, comments and suggestions due to lack of free time. Now back to Minecraft. What little I have in Minecraft at the moment will be spent on upgrading the Community shelter and spawn area. As there is a lack of space to store stuff, I've created a basement area to be used as our new warehouse while the main area will be partitioned into individual rooms for members instead. I have an intention to develop the spawn and surrounding area into a small township.

Basement.jpg
New basement in community shelter

At the same time, I'm also looking into checking out new hosts for my future public servers. Servers will be opened to all for public testing to ensure that you have a great experience when the public servers go online for real. All current users can apply to be admins on the public servers if they wish. The existing servers will be maintained as private servers for current "active" users only. I will no longer add new users to the private servers so new users can only join the public servers. However users from the public servers can be invited by any admin to join our private servers if they are deemed to be nice and helpful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077