Minecraft Anyone?

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, I have changed the domain names of my minecraft servers to the following.

beemonsurvival.mymc.io has changed to diamondcraft.mymc.io
beemoncreative.mymc.io has changed silvercraft.mymc.io
beemonadventure.mymc.io has changed bronzecraft.mymc.io

If you are not able to connect using the above domain names, the following are the IP addresses.

diamondcraft.mymc.ico = 108.170.46.88:25565
silvercraft.mymc.io = 176.31.13.7:25565
bronzecraft.mymc.io = 108.170.34.154:25684

diamondcraft is our whitelisted server running latest version of bukkit + plugins.
silvercraft is our public server running latest version of bukkit + plugins but still under construction at the moment.
bronzecraft.mymc.ico is our experimental server always running the latest version of vanilla Minecraft.
WPCentral members and friends will be opped on the silvercraft server.

I intent to make a separate thread for the servers once silvercraft is open for public access, for discussions
related to the servers only. This thread will then be used only for general Minecraft discussions.
Thanks for your attention.

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I have not been able to reliably connect to any Minecraft servers in the past few days.
This will mean that I would not be able to get the public server up this weekend.
I'm either getting a "bad login" or "session.minecraft.net" error.
Is anyone facing the same issues?

bigbobtime

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have not been able to reliably connect to any Minecraft servers in the past few days.
This will mean that I would not be able to get the public server up this weekend.
I'm either getting a "bad login" or "session.minecraft.net" error.
Is anyone facing the same issues?
I had the same problems but it works now

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Sorry guys, domain name changed again. I swear this time it will be final!

silvercraft.mymc.io changed to ironcraft.mymc.io
bronzecraft.mymc.io changed to stonecraft.mymc.ico

It'll take some time for the new domain names to propagate through DNS servers.

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Final week for qualified WPCentral subscribers to join our Diamond server and obtain operator status on the Iron server. Future membership of the Diamond server will be based on invitations only. Note also that existing members of the Diamond server that has not been active since the server has been setup will be initially removed from the whitelist. Send me a message if you still wish to retain your membership on the server but is too busy at the moment to participate. Thanks for your attention.

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone. The development build of bukkit for Minecraft 1.7.2 compatibility has been released a few days ago and I had a chance to play with it on some public servers. Being a development build, it's not yet optimized and prove to be very laggy even when there is only less than 5 people online. So I will wait until the recommended build is out and it has proven to run satisfactorily before I upgrade the Diamond and Iron servers.

In other news, I'm clearing out the remaining Steam game stash from the Diamond server.
Any existing WPCentral member can PM me if you want any one of the games.
The member is only entitled to choose only one of the games.
Once I confirm with you, please friend my GeekGirlGames steam account
so that I can send you the gift.The following is the list of games available.

Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (1 copy)
Great Giana Sisters; Twisted Dreams (1 copy)
Half Life 2 (1 copy)
Just Cause 2 (1 copy)
Metro 2033 (1 copy)
Rage (1 copy)
Saints Row the 3rd (1 copy)
The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition (1 copy)
Torchlight II (2 copies)

P.S. Any server members that have already received a gift as part of our Steam Treasure Hunt is still eligible for this.

Last edited:

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi people. Since the development version of Bukkit 1.7.2 has been released, I can start developing server plugins for our Minecraft servers this week. I'll document the entire process in this forum but most possibly in another thread. I will make the source code available to everyone on Github so you can learn to make your own plugins or use my plugins for your own servers as well. I will be using the NetBeans IDE instead of Eclipse, however the NetBeans website seems to be down so I could not download the latest 7.4 version. I will be using our Ironcraft server as my plugin development and test server. It will be publicly accessible so anyone can come in but only to help test my plugins but not if you want a complete Minecraft experience. Bukkit for 1.7.2 is still under development so expect a lot of lag and some issues as well. I'll create a temporary world for testing which may be reset in the future so don't build anything that you do not want to lose on the Ironcraft server during this period. While I prefer to write the entire plugin by myself, I hope you can still participate by testing and offering suggestions. Bye-bye for now!

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Good news. After testing, I found the development build of CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.7.2 seems to work well on our servers.
So as of now, all servers have been upgraded to 1.7.2!

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, our host is shutting down the France site; which is where our Ironcraft server is at the moment. They will be transferring our Minecraft server to their London UK site. There will be a change of IP address so I'll will post the new IP address as soon as I get it after the transfer is down. Meanwhile I have suspended the Stonecraft server indefinitely due to lack of interest.

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, bad news on our Diamond server. I have went out far far from spawn and have not yet located any of the new biomes. Then I also discovered that we have world generation errors. Either old chunks are missing or new chunks cannot be generated correctly. I do not really want to reset the world so I will check whether this problem is widespread and I will still try to look out further for new biomes for a while. Should I have to do a reset, I will test first whether we'll get a similar spawn area if I use back the same seed. Then we may possibly be able to save the structures in the old world and restore them back on the new one. And information or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

2013-12-24_16.53.22.png

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the problem is widespread :(

2013-12-24_17.19.20.png

2013-12-24_17.22.08.png

2013-12-24_17.22.22.png

I did find one new biome though but it's 35k+ away from spawn :(

2013-12-24_17.34.10.png

P.S: Sorry the old seed does not generate a similar spawn :(

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi fellow minecrafters. It seems that the world generation errors are not errors at all. When I decided to upgrade the servers to 1.7.2, I asked around and I was led to believe by some that only structures would be affected and not the landscape. So I visited all the structures on our servers to ensure they will be kept intact but in fact I would had to visit the entire area of every continent where we have visited to ensure every chunk is preserved. Imagine that you have visited one chunk of the ocean, the adjoining chunk that also used to be part of the ocean that you did not visit could become a cutout of half a hillside (examine the sample of such a situation in the image below). I should have guessed something is up when every other server I know or playing in are creating new worlds. The new world generation system is so different that no existing seed can be reused.

2013-12-24_20.16.15.png

Both servers are affected, the above image is actually from our new UK server. So I have no choice but to create new worlds. I will not do it now but in a few days time. If anyone wants to preserve their loot, I can try to install the Multiworld plugin where you can transfer your stuff from the old world to the new one before we delete the old world or would you prefer to start from scratch again? While we can't do anything for the public server, we have to have a new rules on the private server to make sure this don't happen again. We need to make sure that we build as close to spawn as possible and do not venture too far from spawn to build. This ensure that we can maintain as small a boundary as possible to preserve and other chunks around it can be deleted and replaced without losing any structures so we won't have to create a new world. For the public server, new worlds will always be created and existing structures will never be preserved. That's all for now. Oh by the way Merry Christmas everyone!

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site

Yes but if we reset the world, the topography will not be the same. For example, the Jungle refuge was constructed because there was a jungle biome but the new world may not have the same biome near spawn. I could probably look for the nearest Jungle biome to plop the building but I prefer to keep buildings as near to spawn as possible and gradually built out of spawn to minimize the impact of future changes. I will probably rebuilt new structures but I will still get Multiworld and MCEdit installed initially for a while so we can travel between the old and the new worlds and anyone can move their buildings from the old world over if they wish. By the way I tried to use diamondcraft as the seed and the spawn ended up in a small isolated island. I'll continue with other seeds until we get better worlds to start with. Then I'll will inform you guys when the new worlds will be generated.

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone. The new DiamondCraft world is now live! The old world is still on the server but I have yet to install a multi-world plugin to travel between the worlds so you can get your stuff over to the new world. Do as you please in the new world, but if you wish to build anything permanent, try to stick close to spawn for the moment preferably within 1000 x 1000 blocks. We will eventually built out but gradually. You are free to explore and gather resources from the rest of the world but assume those chunks may not be preserved for a future reset. No plugins have been installed yet as I prefer to create a custom plugin for this server but if it takes too long to get it up, I will get some basic essential plugins installed temporarily mainly just to get the necessary basic commands such /sethome, /home and /tpa for fast travel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)