Ps4 or xbox one choose your side!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi All

Well we might as well have some fun, so who are you supporting pick your side and let the CONSOLE WARS BEGIN!!!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Why pick sides? Just get both.

Sent from my PG86100 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

352qp7.jpg

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been a Sony boy since forever because of their amazing rpgs that they've had and the experience is really something I can't seem to detach myself from. I know, Xbox ONE will get it as well, but I just can't let go. Too many childhood memories attached with the brand Sony that does it justice. They are continuing to do so and I am by their side :p. I love WP8 though if that makes people less angry? Hahaha

JoeDizzle33

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been with Sony since the time i traded my Sega genesis and a bunch of games in for the Playstation. With that said, this time around I'm going with Xbox one. If Sony had included the eye with the PS4 then I probably would've stayed with them. The Kinect has a lot of potential and with it being sold with every Xbox one, game developers will be more inclined to use it for their games. I think Sony made a mistake by not incorporating the eye this time. I may eventually get a PS4 down the line maybe a year or two after its release for some of the exclusives but for now I'm with Xbox this time.

jonathan sink

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to get both. Probably ps4 first just because I'm a little tired of Xbox been nonstop Xbox since halo. I need a change lol!

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to get both. Probably ps4 first just because I'm a little tired of Xbox been nonstop Xbox since halo. I need a change lol!

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

I've owned both since inception. My first purchase will be the X1 because I prefer it more.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I bought a PS3 thinking I'd play a lot of games on it. It is basically a streaming media player and BluRay player. I do like the things they talk about on the new XBox, but I still don't expect to pick one up for a few years.

satycool

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I probably go for the PS4 - was interested in XboxOne, but I just want the most powerful gaming machine that will give me the best next-gen looking Skyrim, Thief, Fallout, The WItcher 3, Fight Night Boxing..etc! Best looking games has to be PS4 this time (was Xbox 360 previously)

NaNoo123

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I probably go for the PS4 - was interested in XboxOne, but I just want the most powerful gaming machine that will give me the best next-gen looking Skyrim, Thief, Fallout, The WItcher 3, Fight Night Boxing..etc! Best looking games has to be PS4 this time (was Xbox 360 previously)

on paper maybe, how that translates to real world we don't know yet.

Can give you an example
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-xbox-one-memory-better-in-production-hardware

Now that's a positive, but negatives can also happen. So a system may not be able to full fill its full potential.
Remember the gpus, and cpus that came out with bugs for example.
These are complicated things, that people assume just works as expected.

Not having a go, just saying everything to play for in which will be best looking games still....

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

then your reason doesnt even make sense. 1. hardware doesnt make games more powerful, they can... but xbox and ps4 hardware is really similar but they are 2 different operating systems and Microsoft will use directx and the other opengl.
so how can you say "the most powerful gaming machine"? you havent touched either console, there is no real comparison, there is no way to know what game console will have "better" graphics, because you wont notice much or not difference between them, im sure.
if you want that, get a pc, honestly in some years PC gaming will be really good as always, and consoles will be outdated once again. i mean, if you really want the powerful gaming machine PC would be your choice.

also your point makes less sense in your last part of your comment because you say "Xbox 360 was better" well not in those words but you meant games are better looking in Xbox 360. but wasnt ps4 "more" powerful in paper?
and honestly... if you keep believing paper specs and automatically linking that to "give you a more powerful gaming machine" then you are not being reasonable about it.
specs really wont make it better, one reason again its ps4 and Xbox one, the difference between them (taking some non official numbers in their specs because Microsoft hasn't released that info), is really small. also there is going to be cloud computing with xbox one, some devs im sure will find the way to make games better with it.
again you cant say something is better only because you saw a paper and thought it should be more powerful.

Last edited:

satycool

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I agree on paper PS4 seems to hold the edge, but it is been mentioned by gaming journalist that PS4 does have better Ram use and able to do more Teraflops for gaming the XboxOne, giving PS4 an advantage graphically. PS4 is also able to access Cloud computing - though I think only a very few exclusives will ever really do anything beyond what the console hardware can do, even then Cloud gamingwill probably appear properly late in the consoles life (right now to me its a testing ground for next gen - just like Kinect 1). I did mention Xb360 as my previous console preference - only because of its multiformat games that played better on 360 compared to PS4...Now I understand that PS4 does have more ooopmh! then One, but now PS4 is also very easy to develop for, unlike PS3. It also seems a little strange MS have not released its info on One regarding its graphical capabilities!

bahamut443

May 18, 2013
Visit site
If I had to choose, PS4. Though neither platform really makes me all the excited. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I find it hard getting into playing modern games. Never thought third person shooters would ever dominate the console market. Ugh.

NaNoo123

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I agree on paper PS4 seems to hold the edge, but it is been mentioned by gaming journalist that PS4 does have better Ram use and able to do more Teraflops for gaming the XboxOne, giving PS4 an advantage graphically. PS4 is also able to access Cloud computing - though I think only a very few exclusives will ever really do anything beyond what the console hardware can do, even then Cloud gamingwill probably appear properly late in the consoles life (right now to me its a testing ground for next gen - just like Kinect 1). I did mention Xb360 as my previous console preference - only because of its multiformat games that played better on 360 compared to PS4...Now I understand that PS4 does have more ooopmh! then One, but now PS4 is also very easy to develop for, unlike PS3. It also seems a little strange MS have not released its info on One regarding its graphical capabilities!

how much if any difference you may see in multi platform games though? Could well be no difference.
How many of those sites have said you will see better or smoother graphics in multi platform games?

So in that case you should go for which gives first/second party games you like.

That's if you don't have any interest at all in kinnect and what it may bring this time around.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I had to laugh at a lot of the 360 / PS3 comparisons... Playing the game, you wouldn't see a difference. But pausing both games and dissecting it, you could see slight variances... Some in favor of 360, some in favor of that other system.

Last edited:

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I had to laugh at a lot of the 360 / PS4 comparisons... Playing the game, you wouldn't see a difference. But pausing both games and dissecting it, you could see slight variances... Some in favor of 360, some in favor of that other system.

That's why I look at exclusives and added features because playing games on both are so much fun.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
If I were to get one, I'd be leaning more towards the XBOX One since I like the look of Sunset Overdrive and want to try Halo again. I also prefer the controller (I have a wireless one on PC).

If I could, I'd like to get both though. I owned a PS 1 and 2 but didn't bother with consoles after that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb