What's your favorite game of all-time?

andrew-in-woking

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Avenger on the ZX Spectrum - a side scroller.Gauntlet II on the Amiga c500Defender II on the PCAlmost any top down scroller on a coin-op machine from the 1980'sGreat arcade games.

Brad and Ellen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
What a great and also diffucult thread! Apologies to the OP, but I can't pick just one favourite.
So, in no particular order, my top 10 :) :

Ultima IV - Quest of the Avatar
Racing Destruction Set
Curse of the Azure Bonds
Panzer General
Planescape Torment
Front Mission 3
Falcon 4.0
Sim City
Archon II - Adept
Ghost Recon

Honourable mention: Deus Ex

I could probably come back tomorrow and give you a completely different list :)

Sent from our Surface RT

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Phantasy Star Online Episodes I & II :) For Gamecube. Still play it to this day

Cant believe I forgot Phantasy Star (Sega Master system) is one of my top 5 all time favs. What a EPIC game for the day and it still is pretty good today as a RPG goes. I even picked up the Master System emulator for WP and played through the whole game again (about 10 times now), 3 plannets, 3-D dungens back in the 8 bit time frame. What A game it was and still is...

What a great and also diffucult thread! Apologies to the OP, but I can't pick just one favourite.
So, in no particular order, my top 10 :) :

Ultima IV - Quest of the Avatar

Ultima Quest of the Avatar..dam, first game that I ever played for 30 hours straight....Back on a old Atari 800XL... Great game no question..

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I spent a lot of time playing deathmatch doom and duke nukem 3D with friends, but the original Unreal Tournament was probably best. Lots of nights were spent playing that.

Brad and Ellen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Ultima Quest of the Avatar..dam, first game that I ever played for 30 hours straight....Back on a old Atari 800XL... Great game no question..

We still have a run through a couple of times a year. I've introduced my kids to it and so far, they love it!

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Now you're talking. Old-school arcades and pinballs are the best. Don't get me started on pinball... :p

For several years, I worked in a coin-op route company. I worked on a lot of pinball machines and old video game cabinets. My favorite pinball was Theatre of Magic.

TheKinkajou

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Half-Life. It was a gift, and I ended up spending $120 to purchase an addition 8 Mebytes of RAM in order to run it. That's when I became a "gamer."

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Also find it impossible to restrict myself to just one:

Dragon Age: Origins (the 2nd was awful)
The Witcher
Battlefield 2
Dota 2
SimCity 2000 (the later versions were too dumbed down, buggy and slow)
Civilization IV
Masters of Orion 2
XCOM (the original)
Chess

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Any game in the Final Fantasy series will lead to endless hours of addiction and fun!

So far I've played FFI, FFII, in the middle of FFIII, FFTactics:WOTL, FF13, and FF13-2 (on the last episode 0.0), and I will absolutely get Lightning Returns on the 360!!

On PC, I have to go with Diablo III. What a well-built game. Still play it to this day whenever I can.

Mira Fox

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Any game in the Final Fantasy series will lead to endless hours of addiction and fun!

So far I've played FFI, FFII, in the middle of FFIII, FFTactics:WOTL, FF13, and FF13-2 (on the last episode 0.0), and I will absolutely get Lightning Returns on the 360!!

I'm a bit of a Final Fantasy fangirl myself. ^.^; I preordered X/X-2 HD for my PS3, and I've played FFXIV:ARR since beta. Before that I ran a linkshell in FFXI.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa