The GOTY Thread

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
It's a bit early, especially with so many unreleased games, but are there any titles you think are true contenders for Game of the Year? I think Grand Theft Auto 5 might take the crown if it can deliver.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
GTA 5 looks really impressive. I'm not to get into those sort of games, but I acknowledge greatness when I see it. Where it stands now, I'm someone who factors in story and atmosphere just as much. The Last of Us really takes the cake in that regard. Gameplay can be a bit rigid, but the graphics and story do set the standard for future gaming. Bioshock Infinite was a pretty good game too, but I thought the graphics and gameplay were a bit of a let down.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The last of US, Bioshock Infinty(great game but, GOTY ?), GTA5....BF4 or Watch Dogs could be on this list as well but, time will tell.

The last of us and Bioshock where on 2 sites as possable game of the year already (I read through all RSS gaming feeds EVERY morning before I do anything, even coffee).

And if you only have a 360, getting a cheap PS3 for The last of us or even the older Uncharted Series, are epic games, and really shows how games should be written, I really wish MS scored Naughty Dog for the Xbox one, I would not be getting a PS4 if they did... If your a heavy gamer, you owe it to yourself to give these few games a try, you will be blown away, it's that good.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
While the Uncharted series is one of my favorites, I never saw it as a "story" to be praised. It's essentially Indiana Jones...which as you know doesn't have much story so to speak. The adventure is in the driver's seat, while the character development takes a backseat. The Last of Us is a nice combination of both, which is why I was blown away by it. Not hating on Uncharted, but I guess I've played enough "story centric" games to know that the Uncharted series is not great. I'd say good at best.

Trevor Halsey

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Why? Because it's everything that all modern shooters aren't. POINTLESS! It was just kinda an internal joke not meant to reach public eye, til the uplay leak, then everyone laughs at the april fools trailer and them BAM, may 7th comes around and this game isn't that bad! Its easy, but it wasn't meant to do anything besides be everything 80's wrapped into one BA game! :excited:

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
What's the criteria? Fun factor? Graphics? Multiplayer? Single player?

Fun factor and MP will go to COD: Ghosts for me. New MP modes like Search & Rescue as well as Cranked! I can't wait.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon