Xbox One vs Playstation 4

DrSloop

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft has received a lot of hatred for their new Xbox One as compared to the Playstation 4. Which one do you consider better for gamers? Sure you have to consider other forms of entertainment but let's face it, gamers are the primary audience when it comes to these consoles. Is all of this hatred just brewed by enemies of Microsoft or are there legitimate problems with the new console?

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
From a pure Gamers perspective it will probably be the PS. I'm not really sure. I'm not a Console Gamer.

"gamers are the primary audience when it comes to these consoles". That's where people may be wrong. Console games are on the decline and the XB1 is designed to do a lot more than play games. To use myself as example, I have my XB360 on nearly every day and I don't play any games on it.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I would rather only have to buy one expensive piece of electronics for all my entertainment wants than several. And even if I was just focused on gaming I would still go with the XB1 over the PS4 for a few reasons. Two of them are particularly personal (ie: unique to me) so they aren't really valid arguments in favor of one console over the other:

1. The exclusives I want to play are largely on Xbox, not PS.

2. The controller preference. I came up pretty consistently on the less popular platform of each generation as a kid for some reason... I had a Sega master system, skipped 16-bit (though my best friend had a Genesis) went to the N64 and Dreamcast rather than the OG PS. I chose Xbox over PS2 largely because of the left analog stick/d-pad location and its similarity to the Dreamcast I had gotten accustomed to previously. The handful of times I've played the various Sony consoles, I simply can't get accustomed to the dual-shock controller. It takes away from the enjoyment of the game, and even affects the accuracy of my inputs vs my intended action. The day Sony decides to allow a controller where you can switch the location of the LAS & D-pad, I will actually consider buying their machine.

3. XBL is vastly, VASTLY superior to PS Online.

JoeDizzle33

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm choosing XB1 this time around mainly for the Kinect. My 2 year old son and 14 year old daughter love playing dancing games on the Wii. The Kinect will add a more immersive experience. Plus I like the potential that the Kinect has with immersing players into a game. If Sony decided to pact their eye with every PS4 then I probably would have gone with them.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
For a gamer, the PS4 is the better choice. It's focused on gaming and only gaming. End of story.

Hmmh, I think it's a terrible argument that cos PS4 has less features, it's better for gamers. Since when has a device been better COS it has less features? Device can be better even IF it has less features (see iPhone's success), but it's an incredible stupid argument to claim that a device is better cos it does less than it's competitor.

I feel both are just as good for gamers, it just depends which has the games you need and matches other needs of yours (I know more people who prefer Xbox controller than the PS controller for example, regardless of what console they have :D), the only real argument would be that PS4 is cheaper so if you just wanna game, you don't pay that much excess for features you don't want to use.

Courtney S

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
For a gamer, the PS4 is the better choice. It's focused on gaming and only gaming. End of story.

I just don't understand this argument at all. Xbox One has a wider target audience. That doesn't mean they are sacrificing one group in favor of another. What game specific features does the PS4 have that the Xbox One doesn't?

All your statement says to me is that PS4 has less features, so it has to be better with the ones it does have... What a silly statement.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Both.....I will get the Xbox one first just because all my Xbox friends are getting one but, after a few months, I will get a PS4 depending on the titles released for the system.

What is better for gamers ? Depends on what you have now, and want to play ? Even though the Xbox one shows a lot of TV based features, its a Gaming console first. If you have both systems and you play your 360 more, then get a Xbox one, if you use your PS3 more, then get a PS4. They both will have great games and about the same level graphics/audio (next gen, exact numbers aside, they are pretty dam close) but, depends on the exclusive titles you like more.

It really depends on how you play and who you play with, if you have more friends on your PS3, then the PS4 is your device.

3. XBL is vastly, VASTLY superior to PS Online.

As I agree Xbox live is better over PSN on the PS3 but, has Sony given the full show on what your getting for online play? That was a valid excuse for the 360 but, now that Sony redesigned the PS4 totaly, We can't actuallt say it's that much better at this point but, time will tell.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
A lot of that initial hatred was spread about by people that were never intending to get an Xbox one in the first place.

Now after a day of Gamescom a lot of those haters in the comments sections are saying that the xbox exclusives look great and they may consider getting one. The reception for Forza 5, Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall alone completely eclipsed the entire 1.5 hour Sony presentation.

At the moment the Xbox One looks to have the better games and a decent launch line up, add in all the extra stuff you get with the Xbox and its a no brainer. The tide seems to be turning. The Xbox One can do what the PS4 does and can do it better due to the multitasking and the Kinect for voice and motion control. Sony announced yesterday they have twitch to share game videos as well but you need to exit the game to use it. With the xbox one you can have it snapped to the side of your screen and in use while playing.

The only thing that's bugging me after yesterdays reveals from MS and Sony is that some of the multiplatform games are going to have different exclusive for each console. I honestly don't see why they cant just release one version with everything in for both.

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
My PC is already more powerful than both, so neither!!!!!
But seriously, even after the xbone went back on all of the things they said when they launched, I still don't understand why people say its worse for gamers. I actually think the xbone exclusives look better than the ps4 exclusives do. Its nice to see that sony upped their game, but I f I had to choose one right now, I'd go with the xbox just because I like its controller better and the exclusives look better (for now at least). Also, I don't understand how people think that the ps4 is more indie friendly? At first it was, until MS made the self-publishing and letting devs use the console as a debugging unit which is a huge deal.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

Obviuosly, this is a post made almost a month ago, but Sony is just as 'dedicated' to gaming as Microsoft is - while also extending their reach to other avenues of entertainment - just like Microsoft is.

Microsoft touts TV features - so does Sony now.

The XBOX One will respond to voice commands, so will the PS4.

Those are the two 'main' features that the XBOX One touts that many have blasted them for. Yet, Sony is doing similar things with the PS4.

I have chosen (at least from the beginning) to put my stock in the XBOX One because Microsoft (IMO) is better at implementing those types of services/experiences into an easy to use user experience. Especially because the XBOX One's strategy is 'baked into' the system throughout and from the beginning while PS4's appear to be a 'rickety' add-on for feature parity.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Obviuosly, this is a post made almost a month ago, but Sony is just as 'dedicated' to gaming as Microsoft is - while also extending their reach to other avenues of entertainment - just like Microsoft is.

Microsoft touts TV features - so does Sony now.

The XBOX One will respond to voice commands, so will the PS4.

Those are the two 'main' features that the XBOX One touts that many have blasted them for. Yet, Sony is doing similar things with the PS4.

I have chosen (at least from the beginning) to put my stock in the XBOX One because Microsoft (IMO) is better at implementing those types of services/experiences into an easy to use user experience. Especially because the XBOX One's strategy is 'baked into' the system throughout and from the beginning while PS4's appear to be a 'rickety' add-on for feature parity.

Those rickety add ons are actual a pretty genius way of doing things. If your a Sony fan you may crow at how the PS4 is $100 cheaper but you will probably end up buying a Ps eye, Vita and a Vita TV - overall your spending $300-$400 more for the same service you get from an Xbox One.

Its all money in Sony's corporate coffers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss