A deep and insightful article about developer harassment

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I remember reading about this on another website, it terrible what they have to deal with and scary at the same time.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I am honestly shocked because of this.

The gaming community I am in casually jokes about Half Life 3 (or anything with a 3, for that matter) being confirmed or Gabe Newell's infinite lobes of fat, Pokemon X and Y and the metagame being changed forever (I <3 you, Fennekin), and jokes about Fennekin's final evolution actually being Fire-Fighting to troll everyone, or how many waifus they have had in FE:A, etc.

What the hell is wrong with this world, where fans have the lack-of-IQ to actually threaten devs. I mean, it's "acceptable" if it's widely accepted that they made the game worse, and they admitted it themselves, but come on. We're supposed to be civilized people.

Gamers don't need to give other gamers a bad name.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Now, this is seriously idiotic and misrepresentative of my gaming community:

"I could go on and on about this, but I'm just going to consider one example: the word 'noob.' If you decide to take up almost any other hobby in the world, you can find beginning classes teaching you how to do it. If you want to knit, you can go to a yarn store and meet fellow knitters who will help you get the basics. If you want to play basketball, you can join a rec center or community league at a beginner level. And generally, the people already involved in those hobbies are thrilled to have someone with whom they can share their passion. But if you want to get started as a gamer, you get told, 'go home noob,' because people in this hobby hate newcomers so much they turned the word itself into an insult. How are we supposed to thrive as an industry if we are actively hostile to growing our audience?"

What the hell>

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)