Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn OFFICIAL THREAD

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE TO UPDATE: So it seems the main problems are now gone. It is worth giving it a shot.

UPDATE: Please trust me on this one. DO NOT BUY. This game has been nothing but a headache from day one.

I literally just created my first character. If you decide to pick the game up, join the Exodus server. I don't yet know much about the game, but hopefully we can help each other out here in time.

My character's name is Lynx Masonite.

Last edited:

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Woot!... I'm on Leviathan but can't start till Tuesday!

When you get to level 10, there are quests to start other jobs... So rather than have a separate character for each class, you just change out your gear! I honestly think this is the best system for an MMO

In FFXI, there was a need for a timer for airships etc... IF I get into FFXIV and there is a need, I may have to write an app ;)

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I would have been at level 10 last night if the server(s) controlling Instances hadn't been having all sorts of issues. So many people were were waiting for the instances to work and they wouldn't....oh well. Hopefully everything will be good tonight after work!

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Lol, a friend of mine got in on the head start and had the same issue

Your friend knows the issue then! Pretty much the entire time the NA/EU servers have been in one of two states:
1. Down
2. Log ins purposely limited because SE doesn't have enough servers to even cover the early access!

It is going to be a giant mess (bigger than it already is) when everyone gets in. The official forums are running REALLY slow as well. So many people are ready to take pitchforks to the company! lol Some people are supposedly already getting refunds.

Game has seemed fun, but buggy (assuming you can actually get logged in.)

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I was able to sneak on for a whopping 20 min. Before they closed the servers again...just enough time to complete an instance that I couldn't get to the day before because of another server down lil

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
My friend sent me a text that the release date is being pushed back a couple of days... I wonder if the early access people can continue to play or if there will be a few days of downtime?

BTW, how are you liking it, aside from the instance glitches?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
My friend sent me a text that the release date is being pushed back a couple of days... I wonder if the early access people can continue to play or if there will be a few days of downtime?

BTW, how are you liking it, aside from the instance glitches?
It seems like a pretty fun game though I haven't gotten into a lot of it yet, just the basics. The cut scenes take forever!

I hadn't heard about them pushing back the date but that's good. HOPEFULLY that means they are giving more time to the early access people like me.

If you do get around tto starting your account up, make sure to yell at me.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
But I've got a couple of friends on Leviathan :'(

On a side note, got my PC back up last night and FFXIV let me log in

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I was having issues getting on that server and one of my friends that was already on the server sent me this (not sure why he didn't just send me a link)...

V__09DD.jpg

V__A089.jpg

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, my wife just logged in and said she got a mount, a pet, and a bell of some sort... Not sure if that's because we had the original collector's edition and/or if preorders get them too

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, my wife just logged in and said she got a mount, a pet, and a bell of some sort... Not sure if that's because we had the original collector's edition and/or if preorders get them too

I have the collectors edition. Hopefully the extra stuff will show up for me today as well.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
K, so it looks like u can't use the Coeurl mount until you hit level 20 and do a quest to get a chocobo... But, there is another quest at level 30 that allows you to use your chocobo in combat... Still fuzzy on if the coeurl can be used for combat

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Just opened an energy drink (Would go old school with Bawls if anyone still sold it near me) and sat down to play. What happens? World is full! I seriously can't catch a break.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Keep trying, took me a few tries to get in before finally got the queue screen, yeah!

Trying to get my level 10 quest out of the way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo