How do you game?

kc77

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I mostly play on consoles unless I'm passing time with a mobile game. I started with the NES, then came the N64, various Gameboys, PS1, PS2, oddly enough I bought an SNES after the ps2, then I got a PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, and most recently I just got a Wii U. I've owned way too many systems :p Lol. I must say though, the Wii U is a very underrated system in my opinion. It's so much fun to play games on! And with the lineup of potential releases for next year, I'm even more excited. I highly recommend it. Okay, my rant is over. Haha.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised no reference to THE GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE has been made yet

anyways, my gaming is pretty light, usually reserved for Halo PC, Dragon Nest, a little bit of Halo 2 and StarCraft 2, some Mass Effect if I feel like viewing some interesting slideshows. Maybe I'll get back into AssaultCube if I can get it working.

(ok, so what amazes me is that the fanless Dell Venue 8 Pro I picked up has more gaming horsepower than my 2008 era fan-equipped laptop (integrated graphics and business oriented though))

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd say I'm a bit of a gaming junkie unfortunately and don't really favor any platform too heavily. I literally game on everything from an Alienware laptop, PS Vita, Lumia 1520, Dell Venue 8 Pro, a gaming desktop PC, Xbox 360 and an Xbox One. I recently sold my PS3, but may grab a PS4 if a few must-have exclusives come out for it. Always been a hug fan of the God of War series.

While I love gaming on each device from time to time, I will admit that most games do tend to look better on a high-end PC. I play almost all genres of games. FPS, sports and fighting games are usually my favs. But I do love a good platformer every now and then. However, I sold my Wii after 6 months and stopped buying Nintendo related consoles after I felt they were aimed more at kids than adults. I personally don't agree with the idea of needing to put Mario or Link into every decent Nintendo or remaking every successful Nintendo game on each console refresh. But that's only my personal opinion.

If anyone wants to add me on Xbox or for some WP action my gamertag is LundonTHEking :smile:

Johnny5point6

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I had a PS3 that I adored. Now, just a vita, a 3ds, tablets, my phone and most importantly, my PC. I mostly use my PC, because there are so many options, so many deals, and peripherals, it is easy to find exactly what you need. Plus, I am starting to phase out my consoles, simply because a.) everything on them are over priced compared to things like Steam sales and b.) the Oculus Rift is the thing that will make gaming far more significant than any other technology ever has until this point. Gaming in a picture frame box won't cut it once the Oculus comes out.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I had a PS3 that I adored. Now, just a vita, a 3ds, tablets, my phone and most importantly, my PC. I mostly use my PC, because there are so many options, so many deals, and peripherals, it is easy to find exactly what you need. Plus, I am starting to phase out my consoles, simply because a.) everything on them are over priced compared to things like Steam sales and b.) the Oculus Rift is the thing that will make gaming far more significant than any other technology ever has until this point. Gaming in a picture frame box won't cut it once the Oculus comes out.

The Oculus is out, my friend has one( I think he was one of the supporters of it). I have not tried it yet but, I have held it in my hands. Neat device but, at this point I wonder how well it will be accepted. Once you see a device like this come for all hardware, Xbox, Playstation, etc, it could become the next big thing.

This tech has been available for a long time but, way out of reach for the common user, in the VR area. I agree it will be cool...

At least Steam has said they wont make a VR headset because they will leave it up to the Oculus and that opens up some big doors for it...

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
The Oculus is out, my friend has one( I think he was one of the supporters of it). I have not tried it yet but, I have held it in my hands. Neat device but, at this point I wonder how well it will be accepted. Once you see a device like this come for all hardware, Xbox, Playstation, etc, it could become the next big thing.

This tech has been available for a long time but, way out of reach for the common user, in the VR area. I agree it will be cool...

At least Steam has said they wont make a VR headset because they will leave it up to the Oculus and that opens up some big doors for it...

I've tried the Oculus. To be frank, I don't like it. It doesn't feel right.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm stuck on netbooks and my phone. Not a good combo.

My older netbook is there for the massive library of retro games out there, including emulators.

My mom's netbook is there for...the touch screen. Osu is what I end up playing, more often than not.

As for my phone...typical games you would find on a WP. A couple of free XBL games, a puzzle game here, a strategy game there...

Oddly enough, my C5-00 had more games and was actually used for serious gaming. I miss that little tank of a phone. Still remember the day I beat SkyForce on it. Good times.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre