[#SaveXboxWP] Asphalt 8 is NOT an Xbox Title: Let's Mobilize to Reverse the Trend.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Asphalt 8 is NOT an Xbox Title: Let's Mobilize to Reverse the Trend. #SaveXboxWP

Today Microsoft Studios released Xbox-enabled Kinectimals for Windows Phone (not to be confused with the previously released Xbox-enabled game of the same name for the same platform). Two Xbox games for WP from Microsoft in two days!

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Asphalt 8 is NOT an Xbox Title: Let's Mobilize to Reverse the Trend. #SaveXboxWP

On 12 May 2014, Gameloft released their seventh-consecutive non-Xbox game for Windows Phone,Spider-Man 2. Let Gameloft know that their continued eschewal of Xbox gaming on WP will lead to our continued eschewal of purchasing their games

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

UPDATE 27: On 12 June 2014, former Xbox on WP supporter Rovio released, Epic, an Angry Birds-inspired RPG that is also their third consecutive Windows Phone game without Xbox integration.

UPDATE 28: On 17 June 2014, Gameloft released their eighth-consecutive non-Xbox game for Windows Phone,GT Racing 2. Let Gameloft know on Twitter that they suck.

UPDATE 29: On 20 June 2014, Gameloft released their nihth-consecutive non-Xbox game for Windows Phone,Heroes of Order and Chaos. The game is the follow-up to the Xbox-enabled Order & Chaos, making it all the more insulting that Gameloft launched it without Xbox integration.

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site

I don't know why WPC is constantly giving me an error msg when I try to post this,so I'll upload it as a MS Word screenshot,please don't mind :)

Capture.PNG

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

I don't know why WPC is constantly giving me an error msg when I try to post this,so I'll upload it as a MS Word screenshot,please don't mind :)

That's fine. You are free to buy whatever games you want, and you're free to not buy whatever games you don't want. I'm not interested in non-Xbox games, therefore, I don't want to spend my money on them. The point of this #SaveXboxWP campaign is to try to get more Xbox games on Windows Phone and Windows 8. It's not about "refusing" to buy games we want: we don't want those games because they don't have the features we need. Certainly you don't buy things you don't want. In that vein, we don't buy things we don't want, but we do try to convince developers and publishers to make the types of games we want, and those would be Xbox Live games.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

On 30 June 2014, Microsoft Studios delisted one of my favorite Xbox games, Carcassonne. I'm effing furious.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Why does MS constantly delist old Xbox games? Do they come with an expiration date??

I would bet it would be due to lower sales and a big one, I would bet there was a bug that was found with 8.1 that caused them to pull it. Some great Xbox games were lost when we went from Windows phone 7 to 8.

Instead of fixing older games, they just pull them..

This thread is so win, I just wish Microsoft would get their crap together and take Xbox Gaming on Windows Phone seriously. This was one of the selling points for WP for me, as I am a avid gamer. And now I just watch it disappear right before my eyes....

#SaveXboxWP !!!!

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

I would bet it would be due to lower sales and a big one, I would bet there was a bug that was found with 8.1 that caused them to pull it. Some great Xbox games were lost when we went from Windows phone 7 to 8.

Instead of fixing older games, they just pull them..

This thread is so win, I just wish Microsoft would get their crap together and take Xbox Gaming on Windows Phone seriously. This was one of the selling points for WP for me, as I am a avid gamer. And now I just watch it disappear right before my eyes....

#SaveXboxWP !!!!

That is usually the case, yes. In this particular instance, though, Paul was reporting that the developer (Exozet Games) had been begging Microsoft Studios to let them update the game (last updated in May 2013) with bug fixes and new DLC, but Microsoft kept rebuffing them. Finally, Exozet convinced them to pull the game from the store so they could re-release it without Xbox achievements (supposedly, they're working on this right now), similar to what happened to Doodle Jump. Very frustrating as this was one of my favorite Xbox games on WP. Regardless, games should never be delisted, even if they are stripped of features and re-launched, the originals should always be there for re-download.

Anyway, more bad news since then:
On 30 June 2014, Gameloft released their eleventh-consecutive non-Xbox game for Windows Phone, Rival Knight .

On July 12014, Gameloft released their twelth-consecutive non-Xbox game for Windows Phone, Order and Chaos Duels Card.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Agreed, So, Coip what do you think we should do to make this grow even more ? Is it the fact that people don't care about Xbox Live on WP any more ? I saw your request on "request Windows Phone features" and voted max, with about 3-4 comments on it. Check out my Twitter feed (@TheCoolDave), I use #SaveXboxWP and get my tweets re-tweeed all the time.

Something needs to be done to finally bring the light to Microsoft to get their **** together. Enough is enough, the way things are going by next year at this time, Xbox Live on Windows Phone will be completely gone(unless your hanging on to the classics).

With all the promotion going into Xbox one and Xbox live, I would think part of their point even for Windows Phone would to be pushing Xbox Live on Windows Phone as "xbox live on the go", and everything now says they don't even care.

I really am passionate about this but, If I just wanted games for the phone (one of my big things with Windows Phone), Maybe I should re-think my Phone choice, truth be told, I am not getting Xbox on my phone any more, we all know Android or iOS gets all the games first....You know where I am going on this...but, I hate Android and iOS....

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Agreed, So, Coip what do you think we should do to make this grow even more ? Is it the fact that people don't care about Xbox Live on WP any more ? I saw your request on "request Windows Phone features" and voted max, with about 3-4 comments on it. Check out my Twitter feed (@TheCoolDave), I use #SaveXboxWP and get my tweets re-tweeed all the time.

Something needs to be done to finally bring the light to Microsoft to get their **** together. Enough is enough, the way things are going by next year at this time, Xbox Live on Windows Phone will be completely gone(unless your hanging on to the classics).

With all the promotion going into Xbox one and Xbox live, I would think part of their point even for Windows Phone would to be pushing Xbox Live on Windows Phone as "xbox live on the go", and everything now says they don't even care.

I really am passionate about this but, If I just wanted games for the phone (one of my big things with Windows Phone), Maybe I should re-think my Phone choice, truth be told, I am not getting Xbox on my phone any more, we all know Android or iOS gets all the games first....You know where I am going on this...but, I hate Android and iOS....

Your last point is right on the money and is the most frustrating thing about those who have criticized the #SaveXboxWP movement. They essentially are trying to argue for parity with Android and iOS, accepting a loss of Xbox gaming on WP for the promise of getting the same games at the same time and then having them be updated at the same time. First of all, such parity isn't going to happen anytime soon, if ever. The market share for Windows Phone is so far behind iOS and Android that Windows Phone will, for the foreseeable future, will never be a platform of parity with iOS and Android. Second of all, why would anyone want parity? We don't want parity: we want better. Xbox Live integration in our games is a distinct feature that sets Windows Phone gaming apart from Android and iOS. It's pretty much the only way our platform can draw gamers away from iOS and Android because, you're right, why would gamers leave Android and iOS where they have more games, that are released sooner, that are updated more often, for the 'sloppy seconds' ports to Windows Phone? They wouldn't. And that's why the recent backlash against the #SaveXboxWP movement on WPcentral has been so vexing.

Meanwhile, Gameloft continues to taunt Xbox gamers on WP: releasing today their thirteenth-consecutive non-Xbox game for Windows Phone, Blitz Brigade , which is a sloppy-seconds port from Android and iOS without any additional features (i.e. Xbox integration) to set it apart on Windows Phone. Why anyone on WPcentral would be happy about this is beyond me.

As for my strategy of what I think is our best chance to get Microsoft to fix this problem. I think our hope lies in convincing them to bring the ID(at)Xbox program to Windows Phone and Windows 8/RT. Microsoft has essentially given up on getting third-party publishers to make Xbox games. The only ones who technically still do--EA, Ubisoft, and Square Enix--release only a few games a year, at best. So, giving indie the developers the ability to make Xbox games on WP would immediately solve the problem and make Windows Phone the best gaming platform in the mobile arena. I've debated creating a new User Voice suggestion focusing on the ID(at)Xbox thing, but didn't want to distract from the existing User Voice thread linked in the original post of this thread. In the meantime, I'd suggest targeting on Twitter the following Microsoft accounts and tell them using #SaveXboxWP tag to fix Xbox on WP and Windows 8 by bringing ID(at)Xbox to WP and Windows 8:
ID(at)Xbox accounts: @ID_Xbox @iocat
Xbox executives: @yusuf_i_mehdi @XboxP3 @majornelson
Microsoft executives: @satyanadella @MrPhilHarrison
Windows Phone executives: @joebelfiore @toddbrix

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Cool. I re-tweeted it, but in the future don't forget to add #SaveXboxWP to your tweets so that others can find it and re-tweet it!

Also, Sam just posted an article that completely validates my point above that losing Xbox gaming on WP is bad because it's a distinguishing feature and WP needs that to differentiate its games catalog from iOS and Android. With the majority of the Top 25 downloaded apps on iOS being games, and none of them being on WP, it's clear we need Xbox on WP, badly. Sam wrote, "On iOS, 13 of the top 25 free apps are currently games. None of those chart topping iOS games are available on Windows Phone".

I commented: "And this is exactly why we need Xbox gaming on Windows Phone. As a unique, awesome, and distinguishing feature, it is the only way that Windows Phone can have any leg up on iOS or Android in the gaming realm. #SaveXboxWP folk are the ones who understand that Windows Phone benefits from having a strong catalog of Xbox games. Those naysayers who criticize just don't get it: Windows Phone's app store will never achieve parity with iOS and Android--at least not this decade, anyway--so we'll never get all the newest games at the same time. Look at the list above for evidence of that. This has nothing to do with the cumbersome Xbox certification process because all those games already could be on Windows Phone without Xbox achievements, but they aren't. At least before we had games with Xbox integration to compensate for the app gap. Now, we have neither."

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Cool. I re-tweeted it, but in the future don't forget to add #SaveXboxWP to your tweets so that others can find it and re-tweet it!

Dam 140 letter limits....I would of

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

On 3 July 2014, Microsoft Studios delisted one of my favorite Xbox games on WP, Rocket Riot. Also delisted were it's Windows 8 counterpart, Rocket Riot 3D and it's accompanying DLC along with quite a few other Windows 8 8 games: Field & Stream Fishing, Glacier Blast, Gunpowder, Royal Envoy 2, The Harvest, and Zombies!. Not good, Microsoft, Not good.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

I found a similar Uservoice thread over in the Xbox One website that also calls for Microsoft to extend ID(at)Xbox to Windows Phone and Windows 8. So, be sure to go to that site and vote that thread up!

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

On 16 July 2014, Microsoft Studios finally gave us something to offset all their recent Xbox delistings: updated Xbox games for WP8 and WP8.1! Sam reported that over 40 Xbox WP games recently received updates to make them compatible with WP8 and 512MB RAM devices. While no doubt most of these games were already available to you, there are some that are 'new' to WP8 such as Glow Artisan, Fable Coin Golf, Hasta La Muerte, etc. However, I bought Glow Artisan and really enjoyed it but it does not save my game progress, so perhaps not all of these games are as optimized as they should be. Plus, the big three WP7 games that everyone wants on WP8--Tentacles, Orbital, and DoDonPachi--didn't make the list, which is a shame.

Last edited:

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site

On 16 July 2014, Microsoft Studios finally gave us something to offset all their recent Xbox delistings: updated Xbox games for WP8 and WP8.1! Sam reported that over 40 Xbox WP games recently received updates to make them compatible with WP8 and 512MB RAM devices. While no doubt most of these games were already available to you, there are some that are 'new' to WP8 such as Glow Artisan, Fable Coin Golf, Hasta La Muerte, etc. However, I bought Glow Artisan and really enjoyed it but it does not save my game progress, so perhaps not all of these games are as optimized as they should be. Plus, the big three WP7 games that everyone wants on WP8--Tentacles, Orbital, and DonDonPachi--didn't make the list, which is a shame.

Sims Freeplay has also been updated with 512mb ram support today ^_^

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

On July 17 2014, Gameloft released their fourteenth-consecutive non-Xbox game for Windows Phone, Dungeon Gems . In related news, this is the fourteenth-consecutive Gameloft game I have not purchased.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12