06-05-2016 07:31 PM
286 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Well, well, well. Honestly, I didn't think I'd ever be reporting on this one, but it is my pleasure to announce that, on 12 December 2014, Paul broke some amazing news: Gameloft (yes, the Gameloft that started this entire movement, and whose name has always been inked in red in this thread until now) is coming back to the good side: they will be releasing new Xbox games for WP, updating older non-Xbox games so that they have Xbox integration, and so forth. This is, to put it calmly, a huge win for #SaveXboxWP. Thank you everyone. Your participating has paid off. But don't let up just yet. There is still so much more we can do to cajole Microsoft into leveraging Xbox on WP and W8. Keep up the good fight!
    DavidinCT likes this.
    12-12-2014 04:32 PM
    Gameloft's World at arms in now officially an Xbox game :)
    coip likes this.
    12-14-2014 11:34 PM
    Please send messages to the Royal Revolt 2 company to get it xbox enabled!
    coip likes this.
    12-15-2014 09:44 AM
    Gameloft's World at arms in now officially an Xbox game :)
    Yep! It has begun! On 15 December 2014, Gameloft upgraded World At Arms to an Xbox game. Furthermore, Gameloft also updated and re-launched Xbox title, Order & Chaos Online . With these two added, that marks 6 new Xbox WP games in the past month!
    DavidinCT likes this.
    12-15-2014 10:17 AM
    Angry birds stella is now available with Xbox 🎮 branding free! 512mb ram supported :)
    http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...e-478c92d6c87d
    coip likes this.
    12-16-2014 12:56 PM
    Angry birds stella is now available with Xbox branding free! 512mb ram supported :)
    Angry Birds Stella | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    Nice! Thanks for the tip. Since #SaveXboxWP launched we have seen both Gameloft and Rovio return to the good side!
    x25ic3mkk0tzyvx2w79a.gif
    DavidinCT likes this.
    12-16-2014 01:55 PM
    On 19 December 2014, Gameloft released Brothers in Arms 3: Sons of War, a game that doesn't have Xbox integration, at least yet. Some readers are reporting evidence it may get it in the future, such as listing Xbox Live in the requirements section, but as of right now, there isn't any.
    12-19-2014 08:51 AM
    On 19 December 2014, Gameloft released Brothers in Arms 3: Sons of War, a game that doesn't have Xbox integration, at least yet. Some readers are reporting evidence it may get it in the future, such as listing Xbox Live in the requirements section, but as of right now, there isn't any.
    No need to despair. :P Asphalt Overdrive by Gameloft is mnow an Xbox game :)
    coip likes this.
    12-22-2014 12:40 AM
    On 24 December 2014, Gameloft gave us quite the Christmas present, updating two previously non-Xbox games with Xbox integration: the endless runner Despicable Me: Minion Rush and the racing game, Asphalt 8. This nullifies UPDATE 3 (Minion Rush) and, even more significantly, the original post that started the #SaveXboxWP movement (Asphalt 8) above!
    12-24-2014 09:07 AM
    This is great :) Asphalt 8 is now Xbox and the tile looks so much better now. I love having the Xbox banner at the top of my games. Makes it even more unique. Reminds me how much I love being a Windows Phone user.
    coip and Maritox Cacici like this.
    12-24-2014 04:43 PM
    12-29-2014 08:15 AM
    On 8 January 2015, Gameloft released Dragon Mania Legends, their second game since returning to Xbox development that doesn't have Xbox integration. No word on whether it will come later.
    01-08-2015 08:49 AM
    On 10 January 2015, MiniClip released their 3rd-consecutive non-Xbox Windows Phone game, Strawberry Shortcake: Berry Rush. This one really bites because Strawberry Shortcake is delicious.
    Last edited by coip; 01-29-2015 at 02:06 PM.
    01-10-2015 03:51 PM
    On 22 January 2015, Gameloft released Puzzle Pets, their third game since returning to Xbox development that doesn't have Xbox integration. They really like playing with our emotions, apparently.
    HeyCori likes this.
    01-22-2015 10:00 AM
    On 29 January 2015, 2K Games, the makers of the excellent but old Xbox on Windows Phone game, Civilization Revolution, finally released a new Windows Phone game, a spinoff of their upcoming Xbox console game, Evovle, titled Evolve: Hunters Quest. Unfortunately, the game is not Xbox-enabled, meaning @2Kgames has now officially joined the list of publishers who used to support Xbox gaming on Windows Phone but who now do not.
    01-29-2015 02:05 PM
    Booo....but, at this point, I can say, we cant win them all but, dam, #SaveXboxWP is doing good, glad to see more Xbox enabled games and some of the big boys back on the tablet...
    coip likes this.
    02-12-2015 09:02 PM
    On 19 February 2015, Game Troopers released their 2nd consecutive Xbox-enabled Windows Phone game, Make it Rain . There is a Windows 8/RT version as well. Like their previous game, Tiny Troopers, it's free to download. Be sure to thank them at @gametrooperswp, especially since they've already got more Xbox WP games coming!
    DavidinCT likes this.
    02-19-2015 08:19 PM
    On 25 February 2015, Gameloft released Age of Sparta, their fourth straight non-Xbox game on WP since returning to Xbox development a few months ago. Not sure what's going on with them anymore.
    02-25-2015 03:27 PM
    They already said that the xbox integration its up to each team. Not every team thinks its worth to go thought the certificate at launch or at any moment
    02-26-2015 04:33 AM
    They already said that the xbox integration its up to each team. Not every team thinks its worth to go thought the certificate at launch or at any moment
    Who already said that? You're saying that Gameloft management decided to let each of it's sub-teams individually decide whether to implement Xbox integration into their games? Do you have a source for that? That seems like an odd management decision.
    02-26-2015 02:16 PM
    Who already said that? You're saying that Gameloft management decided to let each of it's sub-teams individually decide whether to implement Xbox integration into their games? Do you have a source for that? That seems like an odd management decision.
    I think Gameloft_Ryan said it in the forums or in a comment on one of the articles. I remember reading that too. It makes sense to me, though. If the developers feel that they can have a good integration with Xbox, then they can do it. If they don't think the enhanced features will be worth the effort and revenue, they won't.
    02-26-2015 02:24 PM
    I think Gameloft_Ryan said it in the forums or in a comment on one of the articles. I remember reading that too. It makes sense to me, though. If the developers feel that they can have a good integration with Xbox, then they can do it. If they don't think the enhanced features will be worth the effort and revenue, they won't.
    Interesting. I wonder how many Gameloft teams there are working on Xbox WP games. It makes sense to not include Xbox integration on some of their games, like the Strawberry Shortcake Candy Crush clone type games, but other games like Dragon Mania Legends and Age of Sparta should definitely have it.
    02-26-2015 03:35 PM
    Why candy crush no and other yes u say?
    02-26-2015 09:44 PM
    here i found it from Gameloft thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aero_Smash View Post
    Ryan can you tell us why you don't just update all of yours games to add Xbox integration? Why did you pick just a few ? Is Gameloft going to add Xbox Support to more games ?
    Xbox support is similar to controller support. Each Dev team looks at their game and makes the decision if they believe Xbox support would benefit their game in a big way. It takes time (as you all know :P) and resources to implement these features in our games, so that's why you don't see every Gameloft game getting Xbox support.

We are hoping with the new processes and procedures that we can ideally include it in more games. At the end of the day though, it is a decision each Development team makes when they start working on, or updating, their game.
    coip likes this.
    02-27-2015 11:58 AM
    here i found it from Gameloft thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aero_Smash View Post
    Ryan can you tell us why you don't just update all of yours games to add Xbox integration? Why did you pick just a few ? Is Gameloft going to add Xbox Support to more games ?
    Xbox support is similar to controller support. Each Dev team looks at their game and makes the decision if they believe Xbox support would benefit their game in a big way. It takes time (as you all know :P) and resources to implement these features in our games, so that's why you don't see every Gameloft game getting Xbox support.

We are hoping with the new processes and procedures that we can ideally include it in more games. At the end of the day though, it is a decision each Development team makes when they start working on, or updating, their game.
    I just put it in block quotes for easier reading.
    02-27-2015 02:06 PM
286 ... 7891011 ...