Graphics card OC version and warranty

GideonTerblanche

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Okay so graphic cards with oc label usually means factory oced but my question is can one oc even more while still having the warranty ? Or is the oc label just to say its been factory oced

So the main question is do OC versions allow extra overclock without breaking warranty.

Things like gpu boost is essentially over clock so it wouldn't make sense not to allow oc

Anyone?? Ive only had NVIDIA. Gt versions so i wouldn't actually know :(,
how things operate

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey Gideon, if your graphics card comes with an OC label it means the clock speed of the card itself has been overclocked from the reference designs in order to give you better performance. This shouldn't affect your warranty, as you're not modifying the clock speeds yourself. GPU Boost I think overclocks itself when the graphics card is in demand, a bit like the CPUs are able to do these days.

GideonTerblanche

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey Gideon, if your graphics card comes with an OC label it means the clock speed of the card itself has been overclocked from the reference designs in order to give you better performance. This shouldn't affect your warranty, as you're not modifying the clock speeds yourself. GPU Boost I think overclocks itself when the graphics card is in demand, a bit like the CPUs are able to do these days.

Amm tthanks for the answer but my question is could you overclock agian are there any warranties that allows manual oc ??

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I think you would have to check your specific manufacturer's terms on the warranty itself, but as long as you don't break the card overclocking (as in do it carefully) I don't see how they will know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720