Steam Holiday 2013 Sale Thread

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'll keep this thread updated, everyday listing the new deals for that day. The Steam Holiday 2013 Sale runs from 19th December through to the 3rd January. Each day's deals last for 48 hours from the time they first appear.

Here's Today's Deals:

Day 14

Bioshock Infinite
- 75% off - ?6.24
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim - 75% off - ?3.74
Garry's Mod - 75% off - ?1.49
Dishonored - 75% off - ?3.74
Arma II - 40% off - ?23.99
Company of Heroes 2 - 66% off - ?10.19
Tomb Raider - 80% off - ?5.99
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - 75% off - ?7.49
Batman: Arkham Origins - 50% off - ?19.99
Counterstrike: Global Offensive - 75% - ?2.99
Farcry 3 - 75% off - ?4.99
Metro: Last Light - 66% off - ?8.49
The Stanley Parable - 40% off - ?5.99
Age of Empires II: HD Edition - 75% off - ?3.74
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - 80% off - ?3.99
Assassin's Creed: Black Flag - 25% off - ?29.99
Football Manager 2014 - 50% off - ?17.49
Saints Row IV - 60% off - ?15.99
Anno 2070 - 75% off - ?4.99
Payday 2 - 55% off - ?11.24
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare - 75% off - ?4.74
Total War: Rome II - 50% off - ?14.99
Borderlands 2 - 75% off - ?4.99
Call of Duty: Ghosts - 33% off - ?26.79

Deals of the Day
-
This is where I make my own personal recommendation for your attention.

Honestly with the exceptions of Football Manager 2014 and Age of Empires II: HD Edition you'd be well served getting literally any of these games.

Last edited:

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Nice to see Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance coming to PC. Wish the other Metal Gear games also come on over.

I'll be looking out for Metro Last Light, Saint's Row 4, Audiosurf 2 and maybe Grid 2.

I just got Splinter Cell Blacklist, Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag and Batman Arkham Origins bundled with my GPU..so dunno if I really should get any more games :p

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up XCOM: Enemy Within expansion. Can't believe I forgot to say I was on the lookout for that deal

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I picked up 3DMark at 90% off during the flash sale. I felt like there was no reason not to get it at that price lol.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Updated (admittedly a little late) for Day 5's deals. BL2 GOTY Edition and Trine 2 stand out. I'd really love to get a BL2 WPCentral group going sometime!

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Updated (admittedly a little late) for Day 5's deals. BL2 GOTY Edition and Trine 2 stand out. I'd really love to get a BL2 WPCentral group going sometime!

Sounds good. I'll add you on steam. I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed 4, but if you see me on and are interested, I could hop on for some game time.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Updated for Day 6. I've added you on Steam, Gedzum, should be good to play some BL2 and other games in the future!

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Skyrim is indeed very tempting at that price. I must resist though!

I really liked Anno 2070. If anyone is interested in a city building/resource management game. It has quite a bit of depth to it and a nice learning curve. If anyone gets it, I'd recommend also picking up the deep ocean dlc. Or even just the complete pack at that point :p

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Skyrim is indeed very tempting at that price. I must resist though!

I really liked Anno 2070. If anyone is interested in a city building/resource management game. It has quite a bit of depth to it and a nice learning curve. If anyone gets it, I'd recommend also picking up the deep ocean dlc. Or even just the complete pack at that point :p
By 'learning curve', do you mean it's easy to learn or hard to learn? I've never played any city building/resource management games, so I wouldn't want to get one that is hard to learn.

It would be ok if it had levels that were harder once one figured out how it works, but I wouldn't want something so hard it would be impossible for a new user.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Ah I mean there is a good progression as you work from the early civilians (or workers in game) up to the later executives. Learning how to balance their needs and securing the resources across the levels is well done as to provide a good challenge as you progress. I wouldn't say it is hard per se, but definitely challenging. If you decide to get the game, I'd recommend you pick the Eco faction (since I feel they are easier to play) and stick with the first 2 or 3 civilian levels to get comfortable securing the lower level resources and ensuring stocks are maintained at sustainable levels.

I would be lying if I didn't say it was a daunting experience going in, since there are quite a few menus to dig through, the layout of building must be efficient since space can be limited, if you want to build advanced structures you will need to do research (which adds another level of challenge plus another faction to manage) and to be successful you need to go deeper and utilize trade ships as well as you expand to other islands, but I feel once you grasp the concept of the game, it is a rewarding experience. I feel the game caters well enough to newbies (like you and me) to more experienced players. If you really want to learn some of the more advanced strategies to the game, there are some really good tutorials on youtube or even the Anno wikia.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Updated with today's deals. If you don't already have Portal 2, at ?3.74 it's an absolute steal. Get it.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up Metro Last Light at 66% off in the flash sale. I'm sure it will go on daily deal too but thought I'd just pick it up now in case I forgot ;)

Yeah Portal 2 at that price is definitely a steal. Had fun in SP and Co-op.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up Metro Last Light at 66% off in the flash sale. I'm sure it will go on daily deal too but thought I'd just pick it up now in case I forgot ;)

Yeah Portal 2 at that price is definitely a steal. Had fun in SP and Co-op.

I can't believe it.. I literally just missed the Metro Last Light at 66% off. I looked at the window and it said time left: 0.00... Nooooooooo!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb