What the Floppy Birds guys?

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: What the hell guys?

I use a local Australian host called netorigin. Costs me about $6 a month for hosting and domains are $9 per year.

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

Do you know how to upload to webspace? Sorry if its a dumb question but a legit one! Ha

Nicomario

May 24, 2013
Visit site

I've always wanted to learn how to code. HTML is a good first step I'd say. I can document my progress on my own website. It gets daunting though. The amount of stuff there is to learn. If you don't practice you don't really learn.

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

Html isn't so bad, after a few websites (make sure you are writing all the code yourself, not using something like Dreamweaver) you'll know all the tags off by heart. CSS, i still need to look up sometimes :p ha.

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

For uploading, you need an FTP client (like filezilla) and you log in to your site using the details provided by your host. Make sure the main page is called index.html.

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

And yes HTML and Javascript is a great first step into coding. That's how i started too

Nicomario

May 24, 2013
Visit site
And yes HTML and Javascript is a great first step into coding. That's how i started too

Hey man, thanks to you, I've been working hard. I'm confident in my HTML/CSS skills now. I'm still a novice, but I can do cool stuff.
I've moved on to C# and WP development. I'll have my first app out in a month or so. This was the push I needed

Last edited:

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

no worries! once the logic clicks its not too hard; if you want to know how to do something or cant figure something out just google (or bing) it! you learn as you go. Cant wait to see your first app!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720