What the Floppy Birds guys?

Nicomario

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: What the hell guys?

I hacked it together using code and images from the two sites i credit at the bottom, then added to it to make it more fun/ridiculous. Haha

great job man. Really great work.
And you did it just for fun?
I need to learn how to code

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

great job man. Really great work.
And you did it just for fun?
I need to learn how to code

yeah just for the lols. I added leaderboards now too. Haha.

Yeah coding is fun. start small with HTML and Javascript. The logic you use in JS will later translate to other coding (the logic is all pretty much the same).

Nicomario

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Wow. I'm going to start right now. I'm gonna stop wasting time. See you in a few.( do you have any suggestions about where to get started?)

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

You wont be able to hammer it all out in a day, but just work through the chapters a few at a time and play around/practice what you learn. All you need is these tutorials and MS Notepad :) (or Notepad++ )

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

Thanks aplenty. I started the code academy HTML&CSS course today and got halfway through it

That will work! HTML is pretty straightforward and you've probably noticed that. CSS is a breeze too but you wont remember everything right away though, like "what was the CSS for background image again?"; that's fine, just google it when you forget :p haha. You will notice HTML and CSS can have some quirks when trying to lay things out with layers sometimes. Don't worry, google (or Bing!) well help you when you find these out!

You can move onto javascript next :p

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

In other news I REALLY need to fix the access problems with the flappydoge leaderboards. They seem to corrupt if two people write to them at the same time. oops! haha

Nicomario

May 24, 2013
Visit site

Man that game is too frustrating. Every time you die you get mad at yourself, saying " how could I lose to such a simple game?"

That's how people get addicted. You have a good concept though. Make it an app.

Nicomario

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I got through the HTML on both codeacademy and the w3 sites.
I'm pretty confident in it. Doing JavaScript now. But first, a sandwich :)

Last edited:

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

Good stuff! Javascript is the fun part.

You can actually use this knowledge to make windows 8 apps (and, apparently, windows phone apps when 8.1 comes out).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb