Any players on WPCentral? I felt a sudden urge to return to this fascinating game again. Unfortunately not many apps in the Store, more like two, none of them a go server client..
    03-17-2014 04:18 AM
    wow, what a disappointment
    03-20-2014 09:34 AM
    I never heard of it before. It looks interesting. Are any of those apps for multiplayer versions? Also, how would someone learn this game? I'd need tutorials if I wanted to try it, since I never even heard of it until I saw your thread.
    03-20-2014 11:29 PM
    It's one of the oldest strategic board games on Earth. Very popular in Asia (China, Korea, Japan). Let me repost the wiki LINK. Fairly easy to learn, takes lifetime to master

Unfortunately there's no free app for WP yet that allows online gameplay, only joseki (practice problems) or local pass and play.

Haven't played in a long time, but I remember the three most popular servers are IGS and KGS for real-time games and Dragon Go for correspondence games. Found a list HERE.
    Last edited by HaibaneReki; 03-24-2014 at 03:25 AM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-21-2014 05:24 AM
    Here Here, I Agree.

I wonder if there are that few players interested in having a server client ported to windows phone platform so as to make it not worthwhile for developers.
    They see demographic as relatively few GO players and considerably fewer WP users that would play on the phone and even fewer that would pay to do so.
    Not a large enough market; at least not yet. And realistically Android and iOS.
    are so far ahead in so many ways all MS can do is play catch up.

That said -I'd really like to see an IGS/PandaNet Go client available on windowsphone.com
    for download -Ideally for free download -but someone should get something distributed already;
    it's ridiculous that there isn't a single program available at the time of this writing.
    Where's that universal GO spirit of making the game as accessible as possible for all.
    HaibaneReki likes this.
    05-23-2014 07:33 AM
    Hi there, that makes two players on WPC (though I haven't played for a long time), nice to meet You. Hajima ma****e :)
    05-26-2014 08:05 AM