Question about Steam

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys!
As the title of this post suggests,this post is related to Steam gaming.
I just made an account on Steam 2 days ago and I have installed a couple of games on my Windows 8.1 laptop like DOTA 2,Pinball FX2,Arena Cyber Evolution,Battle Islands etc.

My question is this:
Recently I read on PC gamer that "Borderlands 2" is free for the weekend and the notification has also appeared on my steam account.
Borderlands 2 is free on Steam this weekend | PC Gamer

Thing is,one of my friend who has been a steam member since long once told me that the game which is free on a weekend like this cannot be played for free after the weekend is over or something like that.He also gave an example of Witcher(as far as I remember) that it was free for the weekend and after that you had to buy the game to play it.

I want to confirm that is this true?Because I'm really eager to play Borderlands 2 but I really don't want to clear up space on my lappy for a game that I'll only be able to play for a day (I can't buy games because my parents aren't exactly eager on spending money on games and consoles :unhappysweat: so I prefer to play Free-to-play games.)

Please help me out on this as only 1 day is remaining on this "Borderlands 2 free this weekend" offer,

Thanks! :grin:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon