Is it still worth getting an Xbox 360?

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting a gaming console in a month or two. Unfortunately, the Xbox One and PS4 are too expensive and I cannot afford any of them yet. Is the Xbox 360 still worth buying? I wanna play Halo 4 and Gears of War. Any other games you can suggest?

Also, if you think I should get the PS3 instead of 360, kindly tell me good games too. So far the only game I wanna play there is Ar Tonelico 3.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
It's a good question right now. Yea, I would not really worry about anything for the next year, MAYBE 2 (as for new titles) but, in time, the focus will be on the Xbox one and titles will slowly stop coming for the 360. It's just the natural progression of consoles.

There are TONS of great games for the 360, as well as the PS3 and most you can find cheap too. Many classics but, as they say, if you have never played it, it's new to you.

If your thinking of best bang for the buck, and you like the Halo/Gears of war series, then the 360 would have to be your choice. Watch some of the deal sites, I have seen refurb 360s with controller for under $100 and to me that would be a epic gaming value...

As for what is better for the systems as for games, do some searches "best games for the 360" etc, I am sure you find a list of MUST own games.... I have about 70 games for my 360 and there are a ton of great games..

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I'd save up and get an Xbox One with Kinect (so amazing), but I understand that costs more money. In that case, I think an Xbox 360 is still a good purchase. You can get one cheaper than an Xbox One and you can buy hundreds of amazing games for just a few dollars each. I wouldn't buy a PS3 as I think Xbox is a better platform--better console OS, more features, better online network, and achievements.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
just bought mine this summer. I never realized how many games I've missed. I owned a 360 back in 2004/5 when it came out, but missed out on a lot of great games for the remaining 7 years. Now I'm slowly playing these missed games. I'm currently playing Halo 3, 4, Red Dead, and GTA5. Its never too late to play.

springning

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Buy JXD S7800b, it can run 16 emulator games: PSP, NDS, PS1, N64, FBA (CPS1/CPS2/CPS3/NEOGEO/IGS), Mame, GBA, GBC, SFC, MD, FC, WSC. I think you can consider it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs