Shadow of Mordor for 360 - Did they even playtest at all?

AdamInTx

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Wow, picked up Shadow of Mordor for the Xbox 360 last night and let me say it has been an exercise in patience, frustration, and the struggle to resist the urge to hop in my car, drive to monolith studios and kick every single person involved with this game square in the groin! For starters, I understand it was made for the new systems and had to be ported and downgraded to work on the 360, that is not my complaint. It's the fact that it doesn't even let you play without a bit of fiddling. If you put in disk one it brings up the background for the main menu and that's it, nothing more. If you put disk two in you get a little further but then just get a black screen with the loading wheel in the corner and then never does anything more. Eventually after finding many many people pissed like me on the internet I found that if you completely disconnect your xbox from live and put disk one in it will actually come up with the menu which requires you to install the game to the system. Then after installing disk 1 it tells you to put disk 2 in. At this point it doesn't ask or offer to install disk 2 it simply wants to start the game. You set the brightness and the screen edge and then it proceeds to tell you that the disk 1 data is corrupted and you need to reinstall. Thankfully the people on the internet also says this will happen and you do need to install again. So then put disk 1 back in and let it install the game again. Then back to disk 2 and you can finally play. You then get the fun loading screens every 30 seconds for the first 20 min of the game as you go through the forced tutorial and it constantly jumps between cut screens and actual playing. Once you get into the game itself it's not too bad but the load times are a bit annoying and I have found a bit of lag when there are several enemies on the screen at once.

Again, I understand this game had to be modified to work on a 360 as opposed to the one but seriously! Its a full priced game that was delayed for about a month to finish polishing it and it is still garbage. I would think "does the game work when the user gets home and puts it in his xbox 360" would be one of the first things they check during play testing. In this case I guess I would be wrong.

Last edited:

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Money totally wasted! I understand the pain. But time to upgrade bro, no choice. The developers barely care about prev gen consoles now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs