PC Gamer and Stargate fan, I found this " Stargate Network"

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey
I was searching for news on the Stargate movie reboot, and any hopes on a new show and basically stumbled on to this.

It has no official game company or even MGM backing, it would look as if the community is building a Stargate MMO.

It has a free demo available to play with and so far looks cool. The best part is after you explore the SGC, you can dial the gate and go to 2 other worlds.
The controls are a bit weird, but once you get the hang of it the DEMO will give the average Stargate fan a quick thrill....
Stargate Network

sgc_activated.jpg
atlantis-gate-room.jpg

I don't know if this will fully flush out to an MMO, but there may always be hope. As far as I can see there is no kick start only a way to make donation if you wish. So this is not a full time project for anyone yet. Again who knows what will come in the future.

The best part is even Dr. Rodney McKay tweeted about it ....... (second post down on home screen).

Any way just some info for any other Stargate fans out there who have dreamed of dialing the gate and stepping through the wormhole :love:

If you try it let me know if you find the way to use the Transport rings on Abydos, or anything else you find!!!!!

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
re: PC Gamer and Stargate fan, I found this " Stargate Network"

Just a little Easter Egg:

In the SGC go to the Coffee maker, select it with F ( or what ever you keybind select), make a pot of coffee. Then select each cup and fill. Then select each cup when filled and steaming.......you will hear some clips for TV show, the Episode Urgo.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, thanks for this. I'm a big Stargate fan since the first movie. I used to own the movie and the entire series of SG-1 and SG-Atlantis and Universe on DVD, but alas, lost it somehow in a move. Me thinks the wife didn't want me to keep it.

I keep thinking if we build a phone using naquada for the casing, it would be stronger and would never need charging. ;) Now.... where to find it.

How big is the download? It doesn't say, and if you start it, most files will tell you how large it is. This one doesn't, because it can't be resumed. I need to know the size before downloading.

Last edited:

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

The set up file is only 33.3 MB , but then it grabs the rest of the files from somewhere else. It will open your main game screen then 2 progress bars will show.
It is not an overly large file as I use my phone as my internet connection right now, and in total from start to game ready to launch was 10 min max.

I wish I had more info but I was not paying attention during install. I can't see this being all to large it has to be less then 1Gig

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

A you tube gamer did a little walk through the game, if you want to see what it looks like.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

Pretty interesting and really good graphics on my NVidia-equipped machine.

I managed to get the MALP through the gate and then it tipped on its side when I tried to bring it back. Then I got stranded on Abydos with no idea what address to punch in to get back. Luckily there were no Goa'uld present and the exits were blocked, so I could peacefully starve to death inside the pyramid.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

Pretty interesting and really good graphics on my NVidia-equipped machine.

I managed to get the MALP through the gate and then it tipped on its side when I tried to bring it back. Then I got stranded on Abydos with no idea what address to punch in to get back. Luckily there were no Goa'uld present and the exits were blocked, so I could peacefully starve to death inside the pyramid.

Fast Forward the video link above to the part where the guy dials earth and pause. You will see what you need to enter to get back to the SGC.
Or in the first screen after opening you can reset the game. MALP and you are back on Earth.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, finally got the chance to check this out this weekend. Decided this morning to do a couple of graphics (rough) to give you dialing codes to get around.

As far as I can tell, you can only go three places. Earth, Tollan, and Abydos. The 7th chevron is always reference to the point of origin, or where you currently are, for those that don't already know. If you didn't know that, go back and watch the series. Definitely worth it.

This one shows you how to dial home, with either Abydos or Tollan as the point of origin.
Dial_Earth.png

You can also skip Earth and go directly from Tollan to Abydos, etc.
To Tollan from Abydos
Dial_Tollan_from_Abydos.png

To Abydos from Tollan
Dial_Abydos_from_Tollan.png

Seems like I've already gone and done everything possible within the Demo. Hope this continues to completion, as it looks quite interesting. Would love to go more places, and to actually be able to do stuff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo