what is the best wp7 available right now?

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
what is the best windows 7 phone out right now? not just looks, but hardware, and exclusive applications on that specific handset. also consider durability, speed, and functionality.

i am going with the hd7, of course. it feels the most solid. i love the big screen. it has a myriad of htc exclusive apps, like the dual led flashlight, compass, attentive phone, photo enhancer, and sound enhancer (which is an awesome EQ) not to forget the stainless steel kickstand and notification led!!!

so overall, even w/o a supermaoled... it wins my vote.

p.s. - will probably be the first to get mango!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Windows_Phone_devices

Last edited:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
You can one-up that by going with the HD7s. ;) In fact, my vote would probably be the HD7s if it had a better camera.

My fav is the Samsung Focus. I wish it felt more solid, and Samsung's apps are lacking, but the camera quality and super amoled screen is really great.

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
You can one-up that by going with the HD7s. ;)

Only downside of the HD7S is that it will probably be on of the last to get Mango. AT&T tends be be slow on releasing updates.

That said, Samsung also tends to be slow so a Samsung on AT&T is probably going to end up getting Mango when Apollo comes out ;)

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The Omnia 7 without a doubt. Same screen as the Focus but with a metal body. It's a shame they never released it in the USA.

Fortunately, it looks like Sprint or Verizon will be getting an updated & improved version of it in the near future.

fernandez21

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
My vote is for the dvp. It has a big screen, but is not awkward as a phone, like I have found with the larger screened phones. It is fast and has a great keyboard. Only bad thing is its a little thick, but its worth it.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
HD7 Pro/ Arrive on Sprint the screen is fantastic its a great size feels nice in the hand and in the pocket plus it has the horizontal sliding qwerty gotta have that. So much room for typing make life a lot easier

JackG058

Oct 31, 2006
www.LatterDayTruth.org
I own the Arrive and love it, but I voted for the Dell. Why? At least for the present, the portrait keyboard on the Dell has more functionality than the landscape on the Arrive, since not all programs will switch to landscape. The Arrive would be my second choice. I like having a hardware keyboard, and the Arrive's keyboard is on parallel to the one the Touch Pro 2 had, which I loved also. It works better with my larger fingers than the onscreen ones.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I like the Focus. In particullar, the look, size, and weight; the super AMOLED screen; the 32gb-expandability; and the availability of cheap, extra batteries. Did I mention the super amoled screen? My friend with an iPhone GS3 covets my screen; yesterday she said that if the iP5 does not have a super amoled screen, she will wait for iP6.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6